There are 71 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 15,803 times. The latest Post () was by Bek.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• She is, what breed is she Vera?

Also I'm off to a big show this week to sell those 2yr old Angus bulls I was talking about, so I'll let everyone know how we go with them. There's usually pretty high prices at those sales so fingers crossed.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hi Bill,
    Yes, she has 3 marked white legs as Dollor had. Excuse me - I misunderstand you.
    By the way when your mare is foaling?
    Regards,
    Vera :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bek@Sep 3 2006, 08:33 AM
    She is, what breed is she Vera?

[snapback]34135[/snapback]

Hi Bek,
    She is Orlov Trotter. This breed is our national one - celebrate 230 years this year. They are used on recetracks in harness races, also as a harness horse and under saddle, even in dressage and show jumping. But mainly they race. My mare was racing during her youth, she is not a young one - 14 years old. I've bought her from the studfarm were she already has foals.
    The main part of orlovs are grey, part is black and bay. The red ones are more rare.
    Regards,
    Vera

• Oh ok, I've never heard of them before, judging by her they're a very nice breed though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• I didn't end up buying anything from the calf sale. There's another one coming up soon and I will definately buy something from there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Well I just found out for my birthday, my parents are going to let me buy another calf, so in 3 weeks or so, I'll have a calf, to hopefully show for next years show season.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bek;

It looks like you are going to be in the Cattle Business, and let us know how your Showing Goes? :)

I am flying back over to the 26 Bar Ranch today, and the Ranch Manager told me that they had about 1000 Calfs this year, and that is a Lot of Babys!!! :jump:

Bill :cowboy:

• Bill,
    I don't think I've ever seen that many calves, that sure is a lot.

As always I will keep you updated on how I go with the showing.

Also I found out today that I'm showing about 20 animals for various studs next year.

And I almost forgot, the top price we got for those Angus bulls was $4000 which was quite disappointing seeing we got $10000 or so last year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• We had a Murray Grey cross bull calf born at school today. He'll probably made a steer as he's a cross. He's gorgeous.

Also my friend had an Angus bull calf born the other day, we're going to keep him as a bull, and show him.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Thought I'd give everyone an update with the cattle situation.

There's a couple of my boss's dexters coming in within a week or so, as a paddock mate for my horse, I'll get some pics up once I take some!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]