Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,371,741 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This is a total movie day.
    Number three is - An Everlasting Piece. Irish made.
    Two mates one catholic one protestant sell mens hair pieces in Belfast in 1980. Very funny at times. very meaningful at other times.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Flight of the Phoenix with James Stewart, Richard Attenborough, Peter Finch, Hardy Kruger, Ernest Borgnine and George Kennedy. This is a fantastic movie for crisis and survival . A must see for all.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I just bought the second season of COLUMBO.
    I,ve seen them all before but still enjoy watching over and over througt out the years.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Watched Bill Engval: Aged and confused, comedy show at a theater in Chicago. Very funny. Always liked that guy.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi

Today I started off watching Captain Scarlet. Something told me that I shouldn't have and after two minutes I knew that I was right.
    I have seen some turkeys in my time but this beats them all starring Richard Greene, who I knew from Robin Hood on English television, I didn't recognise one other name from the cast, producers directors or even the man who made the coffee.
    Then I watched half of the Admirable Crichton with Kenneth More and finally all of the 39 Steps again with Kenneth More.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• DVRed "The Choirboys". About thirty years have passed since I last viewed it and time hasn't improved it any. Always reliable Charles Durning and a baby-faced James Woods are the only reason I made it through to the end.

We deal in lead, friend.

• The movie was a loser but the Joseph Wambaugh book was wonderful, I thought.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• An excellent book. My granddad, father, two uncles and my brother were all police officers. The rowdy humor and brotherhood aspects of the book were right on the money.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Hi

Escape to Athena starring Roger Moore, David Niven and Telly Savalas.

Pure hokum with Moore playing a German as about as convincing as Donald Duck playing Othello.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• yes Arthur, i wasnt impressed with Sir Roger's German accent
    and i was quite shocked at how old David Niven looked

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• I find it hard to believe but today I watched an excellent movie starring the man I've mentioned previously as the actor I thought was the best Hollywood ever produced. (I've explained all this before but I'll repeat it for the newbies who may not have read it. John Wayne was my favorite movie star and a Hollywood figure I revered above all others but I thought Paul Newman was the best actor. And there is a difference between favorite and best, believe it or not. :wink:)

Anyway, like I said I don't know how I ever missed watching "The Young Philadelphians" before because it is one fine film. Highly recommended not only for a very entertaining story but for the great supporting cast as well.

I got this movie in a Paul Newman boxed set 7 or 8 months ago but I've only watched a couple of the discs. I enjoyed the one today so much guess I'll watch the rest to see if I've missed other good flicks without knowing it.

Forgot to add this. At the beginning of this film it shows Brian Keith as a young man standing across the street from a church watching the love of his life emerge as newly wed to another man. Naturally, he's crushed. About that time his father comes walking up. The father is a cop. The father tries to buck up Brian by sympathizing but finally he says, "Son, just do what any self-respecting Irishman would do in this situation". Brian says, "What's that, Dad?" to which the father replies "Go out and get drunk". I rolled on the floor laughing at that line, which I thought was a classic.

Edited once, last by Stumpy ().

• One other thing I forgot to mention about "The Young Philadelphians" - I've never much cared for Robert Vaughn as an actor but in this movie, he shines. Truthfully, I think he deserved an Oscar as Best Supporting Actor because this was by far the best performance I've ever seen him give.