Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,798 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Last Tuesday went and saw Tangled in 3d... then last night watched White Christmas, Holiday Inn, and The Bishop's Wife... great movies!!

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• "The Wild Geese" - Richard Burton, Roger Moore. Richard Harris and Hardy Kruger playing professional mercenaries who gather up a group of their fellow professionals to accomplish a special mission in Africa.
    I had not seen this in years. Suddenly, it turned up in a bunch of discounted DVDs for $5. It was just as good, if not better, as I remember it. Other standouts in this movie were Jack Watson, Ronald Fraser and Kenneth Griffith. Great adventure story.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• the mummy and the mummy returns with brendan fraser.very enjoyable
    a christmas vistor with william devane a heartfelt movie

• Two recorded movies. 1. The Man who Stares at Goats. 2. Heaven's Prisioner. The first one was really stupid, the second was so much better with at least a story.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• For the past week, I've been watching TV episodes and full-length films about one of history's most famous (and conceited :wink_smile:) detectives who, with his sidekick Dr. Watson, solved many of 19th century England's most puzzling crimes. Starring Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes and David Burke/Edward Hardwicke as Watson.

These actors, IMO, portrayed Holmes and Watson better than any others I've seen. I've enjoyed their work so much that I've ordered more of the series from Amazon.

I've been impressed by the sets shown in the films and gotten a big kick out of the cute costumes worn by the female household servants, especially their aprons and headgear.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I remember these when PBS aired them. It was the best combination of actors, set decoration and costume. It didn't hurt that the teleplays were very faithful to the original Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Rob Roy with Liam Neeson and Jessica Lange. A very good movie but long and violent. rated R.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• michael collins.a good irsh film about an irish rebel.liam neeson is good as michael collins but julia roberts as kitty kiernan was ok but her dublin accent is as phoney.

• Saw Eastwood in: Gran Torino, Harrison Ford in all his Indiana Jones movies as well as Blade Runner, Several mickey rooney Andy Hardy movies-in bits and pieces, and starting my 2 box sets of Warner Gangster Classics vols 1-2-already had 3 and still need set 4. I cant wait to see Cagney, Bogie and Edw G. Robinson.

Oh and, found a few classics in the $5 bin at walmart-MISTER ROBERTS, TARAS BULBA and a few others.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..