Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,422,564 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Rented the BBC production of "Sharpe's Peril". I started reading the series and wanted to check out one of the movies. Love that Nock Volley gun wielded by Sergeant Harper.

We deal in lead, friend.

Edited once, last by Gorch ().

• "Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows" (2011)
    -Robert Downey jr, Jude Law

Plot: IMDB
    Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey, Jr.) and his longtime trusted associate, Doctor Watson (Jude Law), take on their arch-nemesis, Professor Moriarty (Jared Harris), with the help of Holmes's older brother Mycroft Holmes (Stephen Fry) and a gypsy named Sim (Noomi Rapace).

Phantom's Review: First, let me say, I'm a huge Holmes fan. I've read all the original stories and novels, seen dozens of films, collect the comic book, etc,. So when Downey Jr's version of Holmes hit theaters a couple of years ago I was just a bit curious about this new grungier action hero Holmes. Much to my surprise, I thought it was pretty damn good, and the sequel is even better. it follows the same style as the first one, but has a much better villain and a more interesting story. A rare sequel that's even better than the first.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Armageddon. - O.K., You can´t land a space shuttle on an astoroid (although the Space Shuttle was a great machine, I have always admired), but this is a real cool Bruce Willis movie!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Rented the BBC production of "Sharpe's Peril". I started reading the series and wanted to check out one of the movies. Love that Nock Volley gun wielded by Sergeant Harper.

We deal in lead, friend.

Hi B/ you will like the Sharpe's series. Ive seen most of them and they are all excellent.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Forgot to mention: Saw the first two episodes of the New Mission Impossible TV series (the 1988 season) last night. I had forgotten how well made these were. John de Lancie was the first Guest star in the series and was excellent as the villain (as usual)

• "Whiteout" (2009)
    -Kate Beckinsale

Plot: IMDB
    U.S. Marshal Carrie Stetko is three days from the end of her tour at an international research station in Antarctica after which she'll resign. An incident from her past haunts her. The continent's first winter storm is coming when a body, wearing no gear, is discovered in the tundra. She investigates, soon finds more bodies, and must find a motive and a murderer before the storm and her departure. A U.N. agent, Robert Pryce, appears, seemingly out of nowhere, to help. An aging physician about to retire, a nervous mission chief, a downed Soviet plane, and the weather's deadly elements add to the story.

Phantom's Review: The absolutely gorgeous Kate Beckinsale stars in a pretty standard murder mystery. Beckinsale and the rest of the cast do their best with the material, but except for the location, most of this film is unoriginal. Not bad, if your a mystery fan, but not all that great either.
    --

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• More episodes from the 1988 season of the new Mission Impossible. Greg Morris was guest in one of the episodes. Sure was a great series.

• Had to watch the restored 1932 thriller "The Island of Lost Souls" with Charles Laughton and Bela Lugosi. Only 70 minutes long yet is totally involving. Some pre-code nasty stuff helps. "Are we not men?"

We deal in lead, friend.

• 2 more M.I. eps one of them had Michael Pate in it and was a good episode. Since I started watching the 88 season and finding out the series was filmed in Queensland, Australia--I had wondered if they managed to get him in an episode or two and was happy to see he made it in at least one so far ;-))

• the new version of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy- with Gary Oldman. Slow moving with lots of flashbacks, but good nonetheless-