Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,632,143 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hell and High Water w/ Richard Widmark, Gene Evans, Cameron Mitchell and a host of others. This movie was both Directed and co-written by War Movies Guru: Samuel Fuller. I have always loved his movies. I think its time to dig out his last masterpiece: The Big Red One.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Firefox with Clint Eastwood

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Hi

Airforce made in 1943 (the year iIwas born) it features just about everyone and tells the story of one American bomber in the early days of WWII. I bet it had the audiences cheering in the aisles pure propaganda but necessary.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Demetrius and the Gladiators. This starred: Victor Mature (Demitruis), Susan Hayward, Michael Rennie (as the Apostle Peter) Ernest Borgnine as a Gladiator trainer, and Richard Egan as a gladiator. Pretty good movie that I just bought yesterday @ Best Buy. The first part of the movie had Richard Burton in it-which I guess means that this movie was a sequel?

• Saw yesterday afternoon: Die Brucke--which is a German made War Movie made a few years after the end of WWII and depicts the lives of seven High-school age kids who join the Army and get posted at a Bridge to defend against American attacks.

• War Horse ~ It was a very good movie, and must admit, had me at the edge of my seat through most of the movie. Very well done, Spielberg.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Jack and Jill ~ very silly movie with a lot of guest celebrities making cameo appearances. A little of the top on silliness but cute with some bad humor.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• A Night To Remember--well, not the movie but some of the extra features. One was an interview with the last (in 1990s) survivor that was old enough to remember the sinking of the Titanic, started watching a vintage (from about the 1960s?) interview done by Swedish TV to a Swedish Titanic survivor. Ill be watching the movie on Monday night-then again with Titanic (1953 movie) as a mini marathon of sorts on April 14.

• Ironically I watched a film about 'The Iceberg that Sank the Titanic'

This week marks the 100th anniversary of the loss of the folks who sailed on the Titanic. Its one of those things I try to observe and remember yearly--just like the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerold.