Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,420,483 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Not sure what could be "on the viewing agenda" tonight, possibly Cool Hand Luke; again? For some reason, I feel like watching Prison movies. If I don't watch CHL, then definately it will be Colditz w/ Sir John Mills, Eric Portman, Theodor Bikel and Anton Differing.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Not sure what could be "on the viewing agenda" tonight, possibly Cool Hand Luke; again? For some reason, I feel like watching Prison movies. If I don't watch CHL, then definately it will be Colditz w/ Sir John Mills, Eric Portman, Theodor Bikel and Anton Differing.

Kind of a prison movie but a WW2 movie as well. Watch "Stalag 17", I love that one!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Another very under-rated "prison" movie is Brute Force (1947) starring Burt Lancaster.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Kind of a prison movie but a WW2 movie as well. Watch "Stalag 17", I love that one!!!

Hi Todd, EJ, I love both of those movies. I never tire of Stalag 17. It's been a few years since I last saw Brute Force. I don't know if I still have it on VHS or not and if it is on DvD, that's another purchase i'll soon make.

Does anyone know if Birdman of Alcatraz, is out on DvD yet? Burt Lancaster, Karl Malden and Telly Savalas did an excellent job in that movie.

• It is indeed out on DVD, in fact here is the link to it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Birdman-…dvd&qid=1177626278&sr=1-1

Ahh, thank you very much Lt.B. I greatly appreciate that.

I admit that Birdman of Alcatraz is not the usual type of prison movie but, really is great out on its own. Deep Discount DvD here I come ;-D

• Just got done watching "Night at the Museum" with my kids. Fun family movie....and alittle history lesson to boot(Not a deep lesson though).

-John Wayne

• No problem Ringo, glad I could useful.... FINALLY!

Would you recommend Night at the Museum as a keeper SXV?

Yes, I would classify it as a keeper. It is a pretty good movie.....Nothing mind boggling but a good one compared to most of the stuff lately.

-John Wayne

• Started watching the 1933 version (the original & best version in my opinion) of King Kong with: Bruce Cabot ( a frequent co-star in Duke movies) and Fay Wray.

• "A Night at the Museum" with Ben Stiller. I'm not a great fan of his, but I always loved his parents' (Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller) comedy routines. Meara looked great in her short cameo in this movie. This was rather a fun flick!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• The Rock
    This movie was a blast and more than made up for the migraine inducing Highlander 2. Connery is always a fun person to watch and to me he is the last of the class acts, he brings dignity and respect to any movie he's in although some movies just can't be helped. I am not a big fan of Nicolas Cage but he was great in this movie and totally believable, makes me not regret my decision to buy Ghost Rider on DVD when it comes out. There plenty of familiar faces in here too... Michael Biehn (Kyle Reese in The Terminator), John Spencer (The West Wing), Sam Whipple (Archie: Return to Riverdale), John C. McGinnely (Dr. Cox on Scrubs), Raymond O'Conner (Mr. Nanny). Ed Harris was thus far my favorite Bad Guy ever, for the first time I sympathized with a bad guy. I believed in what he was fighting for, and I felt he was right but he just went about wrong. He also brings a dimension to the character I can't describe, but I would trust him with my life.

I highly recommend this movie. Connery = AWESOME.

• Cant make up my mind whether I like Daniel Craig or not. Very serious Bond

Mike

Surely you jest, Mike. I sincerely think Craig is one of the best Bonds yet. And more believable than most of them as he spends less time romancing the chicks and more time offing the bad guys. Which, as you must admit, is what an agent "licensed to kill" is supposed to do.

De gustibus non est disputandum