Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,393,789 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• In the last three days, I've watched Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers Extended Edition, and Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, pts 1 & 2. Watched them all in Blu-ray and all pretty darn good and spectacular.

• Like Jim, I saw extended cut of The Two Towers from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. There is a monumental siege between humans in a fort and attacking goblin-like things with scaling ladders and battering rams.
    It was like watching "The Alamo" on LSD.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Tested my new Blu Ray player with the restored version of "The Guns of Navarone". A very big improvement over the poor quality print that Columbia mistreated over the years. It will never be 100%, but here color, clarity and sound have all been cleaned. This is the way to watch it.

We deal in lead, friend.

• I FINALLY, brke down and bought the new Star Trek movie-but because it was on sale for $5.50. Will be seeing it after completing season 1 of: Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• It's more Star Wars than Star Trek, and aside from the fact that it's nonsensical at times it's a fun popcorn flick.

Heh heh, thanks for the warning ;-)) ill be looking forward to seeing it hopefully by Sunday. If like the original Star Wars? then I know I will like it.

Getting ready to order the Tales of the Gold Monkey series on DvD. I have not seen any of those
    e since they first played.

• More of Season 1 vol 2 of: Baa Baa Black Sheep. That was a great series and one wonders why they pulled the plug on it after ONLY....two seasons?

• Ok, saw Star Trek and thought it was enjoyable. The best points in the movie for me were the appearances of the "original" Mr. Spock, and I liked the other actors especially Eric Bana-the "head" Romulan villain) and thought that the "regular cast" was pretty good. However, I didnt really "see" a chemistry with the crew like one easily saw in the original Trek series. I KNOW its only a first outing but, if they want this to work? then they NEED to make a couple more Trek movies.

I liked the idea of incorporating the original "Space the Final Frontier and thematic music" from the series into this movie as well as a Dr. Mccoy "ism" (Im not a Bricklayer, im a Doctor) I forgot the word he used but thought it was pretty funny.

Anyway, of 10-I give it a 10 anyway even though the movie didnt "feel" right. Im looking forward to any sequals made. The guy who played Spock did a real good job, Kirk was decent, Uhura was OK but not in Nichols league, "Scotty" was well done, and the guy who was Captain Christopher Pike, I thought was excellent. As for Sulu-he was ok, but I didnt care for the new version of the Checkov character.