Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,408,427 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The long shots with the rhino was Ted White doubling Duke WAAY too dangerous-

I am talking about the close up ones when he is on the ground with him. Some are just posted on Group Watch. KP Thought Roberson did those long shots...where did you find it was White? Those are some of the questions on the GW. Thanks.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• After a very hectic day, I popped open a beer, plopped my arse in front of the screen, punched a bunch of buttons and watched "Red Dawn" on MGMHD.
    Milius is an interesting director but the jagged editing seemed to indicate that hours of subplot were truncated. Scenes started out in the middle of exposition, tactics were unexplained, missions were undefined, plot holes looked like a relief crater of the moon. But, there still is something there that made it a guilty pleasure.
    So there!

We deal in lead, friend.

• Battleships. Totally OTT, transformersesque, kids film.
    Cheesy and Bombastic from start to finish, mind numbing story and acting...
    I thoroughly enjoyed it! Lol!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• I am talking about the close up ones when he is on the ground with him. Some are just posted on Group Watch. KP Thought Roberson did those long shots...where did you find it was White? Those are some of the questions on the GW. Thanks.

Ted White was interviewed by Tim Lilley and reported some of the scenes he doubled Duke in. I know Bad Chuck is listed in IMDB for this film, but I don't think he's in it (I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing him anywhere, and in his book I don't think he mentioned being in it).

As for non-westerns, just caught Loopers and Taken 2, and liked both.

• Missing in Action w/ Nam Vet--Sergeant Chuck Norris, E. Emmett Walsh, James Hong and I forget whom else. I noticed in the ending credits that Jean-Claude van Danne was a Stuntman--musta been where he got his "kick start" in making movies?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I quite liked it! But then I've been known to like some dubious films, lol!
    I rarely watch any TV and just watch films I've chosen so I know what you mean:wink_smile:

• Snow White and the Huntsman.
    Visually stunning but ultimately hollow retelling of the classic fairytale.
    Was surprised to see someone I know with a decent part in the film!
    I'll have to chase them up about what it was like to kiss Charlize Theron! ;)

• Was surprised to see someone I know with a decent part in the film!
    I'll have to chase them up about what it was like to kiss Charlize Theron! ;)

You could ask me, Dooley. I've had that dream a few times already. :))):

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I quite liked it! But then I've been known to like some dubious films, lol!
    I rarely watch any TV and just watch films I've chosen so I know what you mean:wink_smile:

I liked The Knowing as well. Saw it in the theater and bought the DVD. But, you know how films are, to each, his own taste!

I do like most Nicolas Cage films, but not all. He had made his share of stinkers.

Mark

• I liked The Knowing as well. Saw it in the theater and bought the DVD. But, you know how films are, to each, his own taste!

I do like most Nicolas Cage films, but not all. He had made his share of stinkers.

Mark

Agreed, somehow I like quite a few of his really cheesy films too, think its some sort of morbid pleasure!
    Bad lieutenant was a good one, off the wall and brutal, bit like a David Lynch mash up!

• Agreed, somehow I like quite a few of his really cheesy films too, think its some sort of morbid pleasure!
    Bad lieutenant was a good one, off the wall and brutal, bit like a David Lynch mash up!

I liked Bad Lieutenant as well. Have you ever seen the 1998 film Snake Eyes? Cage and Gary Sinise were great in that one. I also really enjoyed The Family Man with Cage and Tea Leoni.

Mark