Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,400,482 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Gentlemen Jim. Great old fight movie. Ward looked bad in the ring,but he sure gave a super "loser's" speech at the end! KEITH

Gentleman Jim is a good movie. You can get the DvD in one of the Errol Flynn box sets. Ive got 3-4 of his box sets. I saw this movie and liked it from the first viewing--saw it when I was living in Houston. I cant remember what other movies came in that particular set but all were good movies. I never thought I could enjoy a sports movie as much as I did that one. There are 4 Flynn box sets im aware of--two play the most seen Flynn movies liek: Robin Hood, Sea Hawk, etx etc, then there is one just including his Westerns and then the Flynn War Movies set.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Forgot to mention, just saw the last episode of season two of: The Walking Dead. They lost the farm and now are on the run again and -- well, I aint saying more till I can get season 3 on DvD.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Haven't really watched any movies in the last few days, but caught up on the most recent episodes of Vegas, Sons of Anarchy, and The Walking Dead. So far so good on all of 'em this season.

• Hellfighters... For the first time!
    Blu ray didn't work but thankfully the DVD was fine.
    Enjoyable enough, not the best but defo not the worst either!
    I see what you mean about plastic cars Keith but to me has a certain 70s charm, it didn't detract from the film for me. The whole thing felt like a 70s TV movie, although the fire scenes where quite dramatic

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Imagine Ward, Duke, and RB making movies......now, we would have really had something there!

Hugh Laurie....be still my heart. Only saw him in House, and have never seen them all. You know he really does play the piano as he did in the series! How can somebody like him go from looking like an ugly bum to one of the most attractive, alluring men you know?? It just crept up on me!
    With my nursing background, I particularly enjoyed him in the holier than thou hospital scenes.....would like to see him in other masculine type roles....are there any? I haven't a clue.
    As for Ward and Duke.....don't think there will EVER be a combination like them again. Keith

Hugh Laurie also plays guitar beautifully. Have you never heard him? He sings, too. He has a great voice. There's not much he can't do, that lovely man. I've always loved his acting, ever since Jeeves and Wooster.

Hugh Laurie was especially good in Sense and Sensibility. He was a grumpy and morosely impatient man married to a brainless wife, (IIRC) Imelda Staunton, perfect as the ditzy wife. They were brilliant together: he so tall and thin, her petite and plump, her verbose and warm, he laconic and cold. Their parts were small but delightful. Next time you see it pay special attention to them; the film is much richer for their inclusion as supporting characters.

We're burning moonlight.

• Still holds up as a good film. Nice one for the run in to Halloween!

Scares the Bejesus out of me to this day! I have JUST been able to watch movies with him in it again,LOL. The sequel wasn't nearly so scary to me as this one was. WOMEN! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Right now I'm watching Fright Night with my son in honour of this Halloween month. It stars Colin Farrell, Anton Yelchin, David Tennant, Toni Collette and Imogen Poots. It also features a nice cameo by Chris Sarandon who was in the original Fright Night as the vampire.

When it came out last summer I saw this one in the theatre, although not in 3D (that gimmick will soon be over) and it translates well to the smaller home screen. It's a comedy/horror, a genre of which I'm extremely fond, and written by Marti Noxon.

Charlie, a young man on the cusp of adulthood, discovers a vampire has moved in next door. He lives in Las Vegas, where people work all night and sleep all day. It's the perfect cover for Jerry, the vampire next door. Jerry works in night construction. He's handsome, buff, stays up all night, quiet and if weren't for all the night screams and disappearances Jerry would be the perfect neighbor.

After the lovely next-door neighbor Doris disappears, Charlie becomes suspicious and begins to investigate Jerry. He discovers the truth and looks for help from a real vampire expert, Peter Vincent. Comedy ensues. David Tennant and Anton Yelchin have great chemistry together.

Colin Farrell wasn't the outstanding presence in this film that he has been in his other acting roles. Perhaps he's not as convincing as a vampire as he can be in other roles. In addition in the action scenes the F/X went for the 3D F/X over what was interesting. For that reason the film does not receive the full five starts. For those who dislike foul language, the film does contain swearing and F-bombs, so don't watch it if this will offend.

:star::star::star::star:

I wrote this last night but fell asleep without hitting Submit Reply. I wasn't watching this film in the wee hours of the morning. Honest.

We're burning moonlight.

• Not bad for a remake-I still prefer the original with Roddy McDowell.

As a lifetime fan of Roddy McDowell, I love the original. I hope it gets reissued on DVD or Blu-Ray soon.

You see, I like them both. There's plenty of room in my heart. :wink_smile:

We're burning moonlight.

• Totally agree, they are different enough to be enjoyed separately. Decent remakes have that effect on me. Unfortunately, most remakes don't make the cut.

• As a lifetime fan of Roddy McDowell, I love the original. I hope it gets reissued on DVD or Blu-Ray soon.

You see, I like them both. There's plenty of room in my heart. :wink_smile:

Hey another Roddy McDowell fan on here!
    He had an amazing career but was almost always under the big time radar, bar the Apes saga of course.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Caught a few movies since last nite: The Blues Brothers (still holds the record I think for most cars demolished in a film), Killer Joe-violent, a bit gory, and definitely not for everyone's tastes; and Baby's Day Out-John Hughes film I finally got around to watching, some funny scenes but not his best.