Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,355,290 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• 2 more episodes of walking dead season 2.

I did two eps of the show a day. Also, watched them during lunch yum yum :lol;:lol: Nothing like seeing a hole punched through a chest while eating Meat and Cheese Lasagna. :lol;:lol:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Von Ryan's Express w/ Frank Sinatra, Brad Dexter, Richard Bakalyan, Sergio Fantoni, Wolfgang Priess, Edward Mulhare and Trevor Howard. What a heck of a great cast and great movie.

The two leads:

Frankie as a German Soldier carrying an MP-38 SMG. and CARP for ENLISTEDMAN'S COLLARTABS (in case it aint known--those are OFFICER tabs on an Enlisted mans tunic.

The Facist Pig: Battaglia:

Firing at a strafing ME-109Messerschmidt.

The Majors tunic is correct (Mulhare) but Howards and Sinatras uniforms aint correct. The breast Eagle would NOT--have been covered up.

Captn Oriani (Fantoni)

Wolfgang Priess with Megaphone. SInce he is an ARMY Infantry Major--he would NOT, have been wearing a LUFTWAFFE Pilots Badge--unless he had transferred from the Luftwaffe after earning said badge. It happened but was a VERY rare thing:

Two German "G.I's" enjoying their afternoon vino:

IIn between Richard Bakalyan and Brad Dexter.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Same here, caught Halloween on the big screen rerelease. Just great seeing it that way again.

Another reason for me to be envious, lol!

They showed it over here at the London BFI but a 6pm!!
    Some of us are still at work at that time!

The big re-release is The Shining which should look unbelievable on the big screen.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Von Ryan's blu ray is set for the weekend!

No blueray for me--just regular dvd. Now that I get a closer look at some of the German "stuff" im a bit irritated that on the officers uniforms--most of their rank pips--are mere brass buttons ((ROLLEYES))) SIGH!!!!!!!!!

Oh and, not to nit-pick too much but--on Mulhare's tunic--he's wearing the wrong Infantry Assault Badge. As he's regular line Infantry--he would be wearing the Silver IAB and NOT--the Bronze version which would be for Panzergrenadiers-meaning--those infantrymen who served with PANZER divisions-and not Infantry Divisions or the Gebirgejagers. Off my collectors soapbox now.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• You sure know your stuff, Kiddo. Hope you are doing well. HAGO, KEITH

No blueray for me--just regular dvd. Now that I get a closer look at some of the German "stuff" im a bit irritated that on the officers uniforms--most of their rank pips--are mere brass buttons ((ROLLEYES))) SIGH!!!!!!!!!

Oh and, not to nit-pick too much but--on Mulhare's tunic--he's wearing the wrong Infantry Assault Badge. As he's regular line Infantry--he would be wearing the Silver IAB and NOT--the Bronze version which would be for Panzergrenadiers-meaning--those infantrymen who served with PANZER divisions-and not Infantry Divisions or the Gebirgejagers. Off my collectors soapbox now.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE