Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,388,556 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• You sure know your stuff, Kiddo. Hope you are doing well. HAGO, KEITH

Thank you maam and I was getting worried about you. If a chance? please look at war44.com. I got around to posting more images but most are sideways. :lol::lol: :lol:

On the German stuff--ive been collecting since I was 15--something HAD to sink in. :lol:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Where Eagles Dare

This is a real tough one, rubbish or great? Love or hate?

Has a huge cult following now, slammed on release and didn't do well.
    Think what has helped its resurgence with the younger generation is Tarantino's public love of the film.
    I still find it really difficult to watch all the way through, tend to drift off or go and eat something part way through, lol!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• This is a real tough one, rubbish or great? Love or hate?

Think what has helped its resurgence with the younger generation is Tarantino's public love of the film.
    I still find it really difficult to watch all the way through, tend to drift off or go and eat something part way through, lol!

I really liked this movie and thought it was action packed,
    with Burton and Eastwood acting well.
    However four years since I reviewed, time has taken it's toll!

On watching it this time,agree, I found it really slow and in parts.
    even Clint sounded and squinted like Clint,
    and the use of words like 'punk' just didn't fit.
    I also thought it hadn't aged well,
    with Richard Burton really sounding his hammiest at times.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• I saw it on it's original release, and loved it then and now. Thought, for it's time, it had some great action and plot twists. I watch it a couple times a year and never tire of it. Plus, a take of $21,000,000 was petty respectible.

Edited once, last by alamo221 ().

• Here's one that probably is not very well known, "The Brotherhood of Satan", directed and starring perpetual redneck L. Q. Jones with his "Wild Bunch" pal Strother Martin also in the cast.
    It's actually quite effective if you watch it uninterrupted and with the lights out. Basically, it's about a small town cut off from the rest of the world. Revealing any more would spoil it.

We deal in lead, friend.

• yeah seen that one a few times, and it is a bit creepy for its time. Nice cast of supporting actors: LQ, Strother, Alvy Moore, etc. I should dig it out since its been awhile since I saw it last-thanks for bringing it up!

I love the movie even if the ear flaps on their M-43 Caps are way too small.

Also, I have THE actual photo that the Chicago Tribune used in their ad when the movie first came out. Its a great shot of Richard Burton with Ingrid Pitt--sitting at the staumtisch in that drinkery. This photo also has a copy of the ad as it appeared in the newspaper. I THINK its posted here?

OHH NOOOOOOOOOOO, I hope tarantino isnt planning to in the future-to remake this classic? >:-(() That drug addict would only royally screw it up.

• The Poseiden Adventure with: Gene Hackman, Leslie Neilsen, Ernest Borgnine, Pamela-Sue Martin, Arthur O'Connell, Red Buttons, John Cawford, Roddy McDowell, Stella Stevens. Ahhhhhhhhh, Erwin Allen at some of his best :lol::lol::lol:

Something I was impressed wiht on buying this DvD--is that it is a 2 dvd set and one fo the features allows you to during certain scenes--shows you the characters as they make their way through the ship and who dies from that group--when and where they die.

Making their way to the engine room:

Death of a Lady:

The ship:

Shortly before Stella Stevens fries:

Gene preaching--to Arthur O'Connell:

Nice cast shot:

Und again:

Leslie: with their version of J. Bruce Ismay:

The End:

And rescue:

Edited 3 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Great screen grabs. After "The Naked Gun" movies, I sort of chuckle every time I see Leslie Nielson at the helm. What could possibly go wrong with Detective Lieutenant Frank Drebin steering the ship?

We deal in lead, friend.

• Great screen grabs. After "The Naked Gun" movies, I sort of chuckle every time I see Leslie Nielson at the helm. What could possibly go wrong with Detective Lieutenant Frank Drebin steering the ship?

We deal in lead, friend.

I know what you mean Gorch! Watching anything now since the naked gun films and what followed makes me think the same.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• I watched The Poseiden Adventure
    on the big screen when it was released.
    Great movie to watch in it's day

So did I, Keith. I thought it was awesome on the big screen. One of the few movies I saw when I was young in the theater that the memory remained with me as to when and where I saw it (When it first came out, at the Mars Theater).

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "