Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,399,453 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• More of the Dean Martin Show.....just amazing the guests he had and the relaxed comraderie. He was always with the other stars, but never really delved into some of the things they did. Like the Rat Pack....he did commercials for the Mob, like the others, but he usually steered clear of fraternizing with them......not so the others...they loved the parties, "broads", etc. Dino was "in" the group, but not really PART of it. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Sergeants Three w/ Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr etc:
    DvD:

Good Ol Frankie:

Guess who??

Dino and Frankie:

This one is VERY close to the one still I have:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Speaking of Sergeants, I found this greatly irritating to say the least and was on the same page as these Sergeants Three pics were on. The idiot who posted these saying they are different German Army Sergeant Majors stripes. Duh and DOH!!!!!!! the German military has no Sergeants stripes-they only wore Shoulderboards.

All these below are different versions of Stabsgefrieter Stripes and the pips indicate years of service.

The ranks i n English left to right be:
    Lance Corporal.
    Corporal.
    Staff Corporal.
    Staff Corporal with 6 years service.
    Staff Corporal with 12 years service. The extra pip was NOT used.
    Staff Corporal with 18 years service. The extra two pips were NOT ever used.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Lincoln.

I saw it in the theater last night. This movie is VERY good. Daniel-Day Lewis SHOULD win the Oscar. Tommy Lee Jones should be nominated for Best Supporting...He was excellent.

I am massively looking forward to this one and really pleased to hear it is good.

Daniel Day lewis is amazing, he seems to be able to completely morph into a character without huge amounts of make-up to hide behind.
    Can't wait, can't wait!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Lincoln.

I saw it in the theater last night. This movie is VERY good. Daniel-Day Lewis SHOULD win the Oscar. Tommy Lee Jones should be nominated for Best Supporting...He was excellent.

Was it better than Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter? :))):

While I couldn't get myself to go see ALVH, I surely can see me checking out Lincoln. The trailer looks great.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Just watched the Plainsman with Gary Cooper which starts with Lincoln giving a speech.
    Obviously subliminal to get me down to the cinema when it comes out in the UK!

• Oh oh--I think I started something by accidentally posting a WESTERN in this NON WESTERN thread. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

See some replies above. :lol::lol::lol:

• I saw some STUPID zombie movie on the FX station last night and boy-when I say it was a stupid movie? I MEAN it too. I was wasting time waiting for the 10PM news to come on.

• I saw some STUPID zombie movie on the FX station last night and boy-when I say it was a stupid movie? I MEAN it too. I was wasting time waiting for the 10PM news to come on.

Glad it wasn't another episode of The Walking Dead you could tell me all about!:wink_smile:

• Another episode of Boardwalk Empire-things are REALLY getting heated there;
    Lawless-Tom Hardy, Guy Pierce, Shia LeBouf-just ok, 1920s moonshine runners;
    Rob Roy-Liam's version from about 10 years ago-VERY good.

• Glad it wasn't another episode of The Walking Dead you could tell me all about!:wink_smile:

Would I do that? :-))

Naw--it was the absolute dumbest piece of garbage I saw some of in a lomng time. Its as bad as the lousiest war movie I ever fast forwarded through called: "Battle For The Last Panzer" w/ Klaus Kinski.

• Would I do that? :-))

Naw--it was the absolute dumbest piece of garbage I saw some of in a lomng time. Its as bad as the lousiest war movie I ever fast forwarded through called: "Battle For The Last Panzer" w/ Klaus Kinski.

I guess this makes a change to me constantly adding films to my list that you mention!:wink_smile:

• Also saw Lincoln, and it was outstanding. Lewis WAS Abraham Lincoln and Sally Field did a great job as Mary Todd Lincoln. Even looked alot like her. And Tommy Lee Jones was near as good playing Thaddeus Stevens.