Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,366,647 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS. Great movie, (like THE YEARLING), for children and family watching. Plus, friend Jack co stars in it, LOL! Seriously, good old fashioned family movie about a young boy living in the Ozarks, who just HAS to have him a coon dog to raise. Funny, exciting, and yes, sad, also. Teaches good morals and reminds me of running the woods with my grandfather after the Beagles who were after the rabbits, LOL! You learned to tell each dog's "voice" and what it was saying...... KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• ball4..gifI have started watching the WHITE FANG series. It was only one year and 25 episodes. No US stars, not an Emmy winner, don't guess.....but it has good stories......without commercials each is only about 45 minutes long. And the dog star, FANG, is excellent. Great for anyone who has kids or grandkids.........I am getting this one for a friend who just had a child a few months ago. She won't be watching it for a few years for sure....... but, at least she will have it to watch then. I am getting the animal story ones for her later years. This one happens to teach good morals also. Netflix has it now for a while if anyone wants to give it a try for the kids in their lives.............heck, at sixty three and a half........I am no longer a kid! But I love the episodes. Will let you know how it goes when I get further into it. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• ball4..gifI have started watching the WHITE FANG series. It was only one year and 25 episodes. No US stars, not an Emmy winner, don't guess.....but it has good stories......without commercials each is only about 45 minutes long. And the dog star, FANG, is excellent. Great for anyone who has kids or grandkids.........I am getting this one for a friend who just had a child a few months ago. She won't be watching it for a few years for sure....... but, at least she will have it to watch then. I am getting the animal story ones for her later years. This one happens to teach good morals also. Netflix has it now for a while if anyone wants to give it a try for the kids in their lives.............heck, at sixty three and a half........I am no longer a kid! But I love the episodes. Will let you know how it goes when I get further into it. KEITH

Keith watched both the White Fang movies never seen the series but the movies are great, Going to Oxford to spend Christmas with my son and his new wife Lorraine so I will get my camera back, I hadn't forgotten about the photo, you and yours have a great Christmas.

• We recently saw "Saving Mr. Banks" - Disney's movie that is partly a movie about the 'making of' "Mary Poppins", but even more about the author of the books on which the movie is based, P.L. Travers. It was more serious than I had anticipated, but a well-done movie, especially for those of us who have both read the books and seen the movie.

Our local theater also has a classic movies night (Thursday nights at 7), and this week's offering was a movie I had never seen, "Christmas in Connecticut" with Sidney Greenstreet and Barbara Stanwyk. It was a cute movie and worth the time spent.

Mrs. C :angel1: