Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,396,383 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I saw Flicka over the weekend. A good horse movie with Tim McGraw. A good family film with a couple of bad words that I remember.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• This one is very interesting. I can't believe that I saw a Martin Scorses movie, but I watched The Departed. Very typical of Scorses. This had Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, and Mark Wahlberg. Rated "R" for well you name it, it's there.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "The Black Scorpion"

Fun 1950's "giant monster on the loose" movie with stop motion FX by Willis O'Brian (the original "King Kong") I enjoyed it.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Believe it our not I watched "Vivacious Lady" with Jimmy Stewart and Ginger Rodgers. It was comedy from 1938. Not too bad of a movie either.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Watched Troy for the first time. Great battle scenes not bad movie

Mike

I wasn't all that impressed with it, Mike, even though it had several actors I like, such as Brad Pitt, Sean Bean, Orlando Bloom and Peter O'Toole.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• "Ghost Rider" (2007)

Much to my surprise, this was a pretty good movie. I had very low expectations. but I ended up enjoying this film quite a bit. Even with Nic Cage channeling the spirit of Elvis. Good FX and a fun story. Sam Elliot was terrific as "The Caretaker" and Eva Mendes is one smokin' hot woman. A good movie all around.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Decision Before Dawn on AMC today.

I watched like the 1st 10 minutes this morning as I was "pushing" the kids out the door for school. My 1st thought after I realized I wouldn't get to see it all again was, "I wonder if Carl is going to watch this?" Question answered!!

-John Wayne

• I watched like the 1st 10 minutes this morning as I was "pushing" the kids out the door for school. My 1st thought after I realized I wouldn't get to see it all again was, "I wonder if Carl is going to watch this?" Question answered!!

Bo, Todd,

Bo, I like Baa Baa Blacksheep as well but still need to buy the DvDs.

Todd, heh heh, you can sure read my mind at times ;-D Actually, I stumbled on it by accident because I had just turned on the TV and wallah--it was on. I also cought part of 12 O'Clock High just before heading out to a Drs appointment.:uhoh:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Just got through watching the prestige. Not a bad movie, but pay attention to the whole movie or you might miss something. Check out the ending.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Just got through watching the prestige. Not a bad movie, but pay attention to the whole movie or you might miss something. Check out the ending.

I tried to pick this movie up at our video store but we are having a snow storm so everybody else is settling down for a long weekend so they were all checked out.

-John Wayne

• I just watched The Prestige last night. It is a movie you must pay attention to. It is easy to miss it, and I suggest that you watch it again. You probably missed something and will get the full effect.

Not for the young. It is rated PG-13, but I think it is not for those under 17. Not because the language or the sex, but just the intensity of the movie. I don't think a 13 year old can understand this movie.

- John Wayne quote

• Watched "Predator 2" - not as good as "Predator," but still worth a view, even though it is a little jumbled in places.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

'
    I blame Gary Busey for screwing up that movie Jay. To me he just brings a "cheapness" to the movie that drags it down to a "B" movie level.

-John Wayne