Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,456 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I've seen a bunch of movies as of late (thanks to no cable TV) and some of them include:

Dunkirk, The Colditz Story, Cross of Iron, Battleground and The Purple Heart.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Wanted with James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, & Angelina Jolie. This had a pretty good storyline, but the computer graphics were way too much. This movie is very violent, and language filled. Not suitable to young ears until they are 30 years old (ha-ha). I hope it was rated "R" and not "PG-13."

I'd give it a 3 stars out of 4, just because it was a good story. Just take out the riduculus special effects, and bad language.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• The Dark Knight, with Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Michael Cain, and Morgan Freeman. I heard this was a great movie, and so I rented it and it was alright. They in my opinion went way overboard on the special effects, but I guess that is what sells movies. The story line in this one was good.

I'd give this movie a 3 out of 4 stars.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• We've No Angels with Bogart , Peter Ustinov and Aldo Ray. Good comedy from Michael Curtiz.

We watched this recently, too, and wondered if we should add it to the list of Christmas movies, being that the story takes place on Christmas . . . .

We watched Wall-E with the kids a couple of nights ago (we never got around to seeing it in the theater). Another Pixar success!

Chester :newyear:

• Untraceable with Diane Lane. A very violent movie, but good story line. Rented it and watched it last night. I wanted to see this for a while, but just didn't know if I wanted to own it or not. So, I rented it, and though I liked it alright, I will not become an owner of this.

I'd give it 2 and a half stars out of 4. If you can't stomach gross stuff, then don't watch this movie.

- John Wayne quote

• Christmas In Connecticut is a charming 1945 movie for the holidays with Barbara Stanwyck and Dennis Morgan. Rate it at 3 and a half stars out of 4.

- John Wayne quote

• Over the past few days, we've watched The Christmas Card, with Ed Asner; 24: Redemption, a special 2-hour episode that ran this fall, in anticipation of season 7 (set to start in January '09); The Best of Johnny Carson (the 60's and 70's - disc one) - some really FUNNY stuff!

chester :newyear:

• Return to Witch Mountain with the legend Bette Davis. It's an alright movie. I'd give it 2 and a half stars out of 4.

- John Wayne quote

• Over the weekend we watched some movie's while the "weather outside was frightful" !!!

We watched "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" If you liked the first 2 then you will like this one.

"Traitor" with Don Cheadle. I am still on the fence on this one. I think I will have to watch it again.

"Santa Baby" with George Wendt and Jenny McCarthy.

And last night I watched "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation" That movie kills me!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• "Fred Claus"
    -Vince Vaughn -very funny
    "Scrooge" (1970)
    -Albert Finney-very entertaining adaptation of "A Christmas Carol"
    "Elf"
    -Will Ferrell -Very good movie

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• The Chronicles of Narnia; Prince Capsian was a very good movie. This story has so many hidden messages that you have to watch it again and again. I give this movie 3 and a half stars out of 4. Great for the whole family.

- John Wayne quote

• Mamma Mia! with Meryl Streep and Pierce Bronsen. A pretty good musical, and such. I'd give this movie a 2 and a half stars.

- John Wayne quote

• Marley & Me with Owen Wilson & Jennifer Anniston. This is a great movie for all to see. If you are a dog lover, then you can't miss this movie. A very touching movie, about a family and their dog, who turns their world upside down, but they wouldn't live without him. Only at theaters at this time. I'd give this a 3 and a half stars out of 4.

- John Wayne quote