Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,513 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Star Trek" was down right awesome. Paid homage to its roots nicely and well acted, I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the series,

I agree Viper. I sure did grown when that Vette went over the cliff.

The last movie I watched was Sneakers with Redford, Phoenix, Ackroyd..etc.

• Hellcats of the Navy! - I had to watch this because of Nancy and Ronald Reagan!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Just watched all the extra features of the 2 disc special release of Octopussy w/ Roger Moore, Maude Adams, and Desmond Llewellyn. I sure miss him as "Q"

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Finally completed watching: Octopussy-just last night. I'd forgotten how good of a James Bond that Roger Moore could be-as well as how entertaining this movie is.

Slated for tonight or tomorrow night-will be an oldie but goodie with Hardy Kruger in it called: The One That Got Away. Yes--it's War-related but is also a great and true Prisoner of war escape movie.

• Watched "New In Town" with my wife last night. Not a bad movie, just seemed to spin it's wheels at times. It was filmed in Winnipeg but was suppose to take place in New Ulm, MN so it had some local appeal. The one thing that I wish they would stop doing is our accent, ala "Fargo"....We really don't talk with such a pronounced accent up here in the north land.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Jay, was it any good? I bought a copy of it as well but have not watched it yet.

Just last night I picked up a 4-episode dvd of the original Star Trek series. It has: City on the Edge of Forever, Amok Time, The Trouble With Tribbles and another episode.

• Hi Todd, and many thanks. I wasn't aware there was more than one Iron Man movie? Im not sure who is in the one I bought but, I think it came out last year? or not long ago. BTW, tghanks to you, Cindy and Michael, I am actually replying to you on tthat computer and on my own internet service as of today ;-)) I owe you all a bunch.

Take care and best regards--Carl.

• Actually Carl, it was much better than I expected! Good special effects.

Hi Jay, thanks. Knowing you liked it means I most likely will. As soon as I finish watching that Star Trek DvD with the 4 episodes on it-I think I will break down and watch it. I used to own quite a few Iron man comicbooks-and at one time-actually had issue Nr 2-which was done by Carmine Infantino-a favorite artist of mine.

I forgot to mention-episode Nr 4 of that Star Trek dvd is: Amok Time. Not only does this dvd have Klingons, but also Romulans and of course-Vulcans.

• Age of Consent. The last film directd by Michael Powell and the first to star Helen Mirren.

I have been having my own little Powell/Pressburger festival of late so I was overjoyed to see TCM is running six of their films Tuesday starting at 5 AM (CT). Check them out. They are great.