Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,390,713 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Arthur, I first heard and saw that movie about 1 & 1/2 years ago. I liked it well enough and that movie made me a Michael Redgrave fan. Sir John Mills was definately a plus for that movie and was the main reason I wanted to see it ;-))

Didn't catch this movies title but earlier on TCM this day-was some movie that I THINK was about the Battle of Trafalgar???? I tried to access TCM site to look up the title but the darn thing wouldn't load up for me--grrrrr.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Well, I have been getting Netflix for about 4 months now. Good deal if anyone rents movies. Anyways, they recently made the PS3 an available device to stream movies instantly too. So last night we watched Forest Gump. Always get a kick out of that movie.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Since we talked about Steven Seagal in another thread, I decided to watch all my Seagal films over the past couple of days, including "Under Siege". Although Tommy Lee Jones played the bad guy in that movie, he turned in an awesome performance.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• This early afternoon, I was pleasantly surprised to see TCM play: Tokyo Joe which Starred two favorites of mine: Bogie and Japanese Actor: Sessue Hayakawa, The movie also had quite a few "recognizable faces" in it including Whit Bissell (who was the general, in the Time Tunnel TV series) and the Beaves Father: Ward Cleaver of Leave It To Beaver-fame (Hugh Beaumont)

Yesterday I got my SCI FI fix with The Land That Time Forgot-which had Doug McClure in it. Shame he passed away back in the early to mid 1990s, I always like him.

• Some very good so called Film Noir:

Kiss of Death (1947)
    The Killers (1946)

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• Boeing Boeing
    Funny comedy with Jerry Lewis and Tony Curtis. :shades_smile:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• Zulu, which is only watchable in widescreen and as large as possible. It always reminds me of Wayne's Alamo, but with redcoats replacing buckskins.
    My favorite line is delivered by Color Sergeant Bourne - "There's a good gentleman"

We deal in lead, friend.

• Zulu is a great movie.

Today I watched Bogie again and this time in The Maltese Falcon, which also had War Bond, Barton MacLane, Peter Lorre and Sidney Greenstreet in his first on-screen appearance.

After that was, The Blob w/ Steven McQueen ;-))

After that, the tail ends of: The Hunt For The Red October and Ferris Beullers Day Off.

• "The Big Heat" with Glenn Ford as a homicide detective in a town controlled by the Mob. Lee Marvin is one of the bad guys and Gloria Grahame is his moll. An excellent B&W film of the film noir genre. Highly recommended.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Arsenic and Old Lace w/ Cary Grant--need I say more? :D

One of my favourite Comedies. :smile:

Vertical Limit
    A nice Mountain Climbing Action Movie. Not very realistic but entertaining. :ph34r:

• Just got back from 2012. It was a very good special effects movie that had me holding my breath at times. It was actually quite a good disaster movie and had quite a cast. John Cusak did a good job, I have liked many of his films in the past. It's not going to win any Oscars but it is quite entertaining and I rank it above Transformers 2 and GI Joe.

Now I have to wait for the newest Star Trek film to arrive in video this coming Tuesday. That, in my opinion was the best movie I have seen this year.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne