Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,431,227 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Decision before Dawn-for about the 50th time since I bought the DvD.

Oh and i forgot, I saw: The Bedford Incident a few nighrts ago-great movie that gets even better with every viewing.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Two of Alan Ladd's film noir pictures from the Forties which I recently ordered from Amazon-UK (I think I mentioned somewhere that I'd recently bought a Pioneer multi-region DVD player). The movies were "The Blue Dahlia" and "The Glass Key". Both co-starred Veronica Lake and featured William Bendix. "The Glass Key" also co-starred Brian Donlevy, one of my favorite character actors from way back when. Both movies were pretty good but I think of the two, I liked "The Glass Key" a bit better.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I went and saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie over Christmas break and I really liked it. It's not what I was expecting but I still really enjoyed it as would recommend it.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• I agree on Sherlock Holmes-VERY good for a "revisionist"-type film. Also saw The 4th Kind, a "Blair Witch" type UFO/abduction film, done not too convincingly.

• This morning on TCM as I was preparing to leave-I cought part of the Reagan and Flynn classic: Desperate Journey. This movie NEEDS to be on DvD and for sale to us fans of it.

• i went and saw The Blind Side last night with a couple of friends and it was really good i enjoyed it a lot and would recommend it. it had a neat story line and it had some pretty funny parts too.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• Amelia with Hillary Swank, Richard Gere, Ewan McGregor. A very choppy movie, but if you can over look that, it's not that bad, the acting.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Designing Woman with Gregory Peck and Lauren Bacall. A goofy comedy, but a good goofy comedy.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I havent seen that movie in ages and remember loving it.

One for you Arthur that im soon to get some Lobby Cards of is: The Devils Desciple which had Harry Andrews (as a British Officer of course) Burt Lancaster as a Priest turned Rebel, and Kirk Douglas as a Rebel turned Priest.

• The Great Escape with Steve McQueen, James Garner, and a great male cast in the early 1960's. It was on TCM. It's a great month on TCM. They are showing 31 days of Oscar, and they are showing some great movies.

- John Wayne quote

• A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, a good movie. Just a period movie. The child actor is good and pretty.

- John Wayne quote

• That makes three of us who tuned in to Great Escape last night.
    This morning I watched a dvd of A Walk in the Sun. A little slow at first but it picked up when the platoon met the Germans.

We deal in lead, friend.