Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,390,954 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• A really strange film that made no sense whatsoever, had no point, but did have a a delightful performance by Grandfather Semu Haute as Empty Fox.

The movie called "The Deadly Drifter (AKA Out)" released in 1982.

I give a 1/10 just for Empty Fox who is the sole pleasure in the movie.

Also I saw a well produced little T.V. venture from 1977, "Snowbeast" starring Robert Logan, Bo Svenson, Clint Walker and Sylvia Sidney.

It was like Jaws except it took place on the ski slopes. High production values for TV movie makes it seem like a well done little B film that would have played nice on the big screen. Decent performances all around add to the loony fun of it all. Though Snowbeast is wisely only seen in quick glimpses this only adds to the movie instead of being a detraction.

8/10 - very enjoyable and would recommend to those wanting a fun and slightly goofy flick. There is not a weak link among the leads and it all ads up to delightful experience.

• The Sound OF Music. OK I,am secure in my manhood. But I can't help it, I like the story and the music. But I did watch the history channel right after,for my maculine side.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• "Renaissance" - a strange concoction of motion capture animation and science-fiction with the animation presented in stark black and white. The story takes place in 2054 Paris in a kind of film noir. I haven't decided whether I liked it or not, but I was intrigued!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• The Sound OF Music. OK I,am secure in my manhood. But I can't help it, I like the story and the music. But I did watch the history channel right after,for my maculine side.

Hey Bill, some of those old MGM musicals were wonderful - not so much for the acting but for the music. Liking good music certainly doesn't detract from your masculinity.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• My favorite "Coop" film is Sgt. York.

Of course, being from just a few miles away from his old stompin' grounds has a little to do with it, too!!

Mines a toss-up twixt: Unconquered, Sgt. York, Seminole, Vera Cruz, Beau Geste, and Springfield Rifle. Like Duke, I CANT pick just one top favorite.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The last movie I watched was thanks to a friend from Europe who sent me a copy of a surprisingly great Russian War Movie called: Tankova Brigada (Tank Brigade) which takes place in WWII between the Germans and the Ivans. They used real WWII German and Russian stuff and really looks great. If anyone is inteested in seeing clips from the movie, it is on youtube.

• As a movie buff I can't help but give a knee-jerk reaction to this and offer up a little trivia. The the original Batman was this one.

P.S. If you want to get technical, the original Batman was actually this one.

Not to disagree who I like as the "original" Batman but, the Chap who played him in the two Batman Serials-is the original Batman. I cant remember if Kirk Alyn-who played and IS the original Superman-played Supes in two Serials. I THINK he was Batman, but cant remember? The chap who was the original Robin, was a guy with curly hair.

BTW, "Batman & Robin" both were recently here in Austin as the main guests at this years Comicon. I didnt hear about it till too late or id have gone to see them and get pix and autographs. Both still look good for their ages.

• Not to disagree who I like as the "original" Batman but, the Chap who played him in the two Batman Serials-is the original Batman. I cant remember if Kirk Alyn-who played and IS the original Superman-played Supes in two Serials. I THINK he was Batman, but cant remember? The chap who was the original Robin, was a guy with curly hair.

BTW, "Batman & Robin" both were recently here in Austin as the main guests at this years Comicon. I didnt hear about it till too late or id have gone to see them and get pix and autographs. Both still look good for their ages.

Now you're going to get me to blurt out all I know about the Batman serials, and in the process reveal my inner geek.

First off, Lewis Wilson was the first actor to ever play Batman on celluloid in Batman (1943).

The Boy Wonder to his Caped Crusader, was Douglas Croft whose hair appeared to be an entirely different character altogether

Next came the (In my opinion) vastly superior 1949 serial, "Batman and Robin" featuring Robert Lowery as Batman.

Who you might better know as Governor Cuthbert H. Humphrey

The Boy Wonder in this outing was Johnny Duncan

And Finally Kirk Alyn never played Batman, although Robert Lowery's Batsuit was designed with Alyn in mind.

and not that that it matters in the slightest but the rest of the chronology reads.

Adam West (1966)
    Michael Keaton (1989 & 1992)
    Val Kilmer (1995)
    George Clooney (1997)
    Christian Bale (2005 & 2008).

And please forgive me for my geek lecture, I hope I didn't annoy or offend anyone.

• Watched Arthur and The Money Pit on Netflix last night. Arthur is hilarious with Dudley Moore playing a drunk. Funny stuff!!!

Oh and you should have seen my kids laughing while watching "The Money Pit", when Tom hanks looses it and starts laughing after the tub falls through the floor. I thought my kids might pee there pants!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• As a movie buff I can't help but give a knee-jerk reaction to this and offer up a little trivia. The the original Batman was this one.
    P.S. If you want to get technical, the original Batman was actually this one.

I stand corrected.:headbonk: I should have been more specific: ie. the "original" "Batman" feature film from the late '80s. I remember seeing the "Batman" movie with Robert Lowery at a drive-in so many years ago!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"