Mrs. C's Trip To Ny

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,362 times. The latest Post () was by Colorado Bob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Howdy, all!

I left sunny California for a trip to NY on July 3, with four of our children (ages 18, 16, 10, and 7) and two grandchildren (ages 10 and 4), to visit family on Long Island.

The first week was hectic, as we tried to get in as much visiting and sightseeing as possible before the two teenagers and two grandchildren returned to CA on the 11th (the teens didn't want to take off from work for more than a week, and I didn't want to fly back with four kids, but wanted to stay for more than a week).

One of our excursions was to the Big Apple for a day. We saw the Statue of Liberty, ground zero of the World Trade Center, Times Square by both day and night, the Empire State Building (86th floor observation deck, at night), and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum.

At the wax museum, in addition to historical figures and current statesman and stars, there was a wing of "American Culture" and of course, our beloved John Wayne was there.

I've tried uploading the image, but it is too large, so later, I'll install photo software on the laptop and resize it, so you can see Madame Tussaud's view of Duke.

The humidity here is killing me :dead: . . . Hondo, how do you stand it down in Alabama??

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Hello Mrs C. Thanks for sharing some about your trip. I am looking forward to seeing the picture of The Wax Duke, as well as any others you feel like posting here. I've never been up East cept flying from DFW through to Frankfurt, Germany.

Take care and Cheers to you and your family -- C.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Howdy Mrs. C,
    Glad your trip has been safe, and that you are having a good time. I saw the John Wayne wax figure in the Los Angeles (or near there somewhere) museum years ago when I was in the Navy. I took some pictures of it, but lost them long ago. Hope you have a great time on the rest of your trip.
    Best,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.