Favorite O'Hara Movie

There are 61 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 34,995 times. The latest Post () was by Gorch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Now chester just calm down and just remember what you told me a few years ago when one of the members Called Me A Lair and you said "Don't Let It Bother You, It Will Work Out," :fear2: and in my case It Did!!! :) And what ever ARRRRR___ Means I do not know? :fear:

Chilibill :cowboy:

Originally posted by chester7777@Sep 21 2006, 09:13 AM
    Speaking of pirates, did you know that Tuesday was "International Talk Like a Pirate" day?? Who knew? Check HERE.

[snapback]34709[/snapback]

Originally posted by ethanedwards+Sep 21 2006, 09:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ethanedwards @ Sep 21 2006, 09:16 AM)</div>

<!--QuoteBegin-chester7777@Sep 21 2006, 11:20 PM
    "ARRRRR...."

[snapback]34725[/snapback]

Originally posted by William T Brooks@Sep 26 2006, 07:34 PM
    And what ever ARRRRR___ Means I do not know?

[snapback]34948[/snapback]

This reminds me of a joke . . .

Q. What's a pirate's favorite film?

A. One that's rated ARRRRRRR!

:rolleyes:

Bill, does that help??

Chester :newyear:

• I know there were other Maureen and Duke movies out there, but in order to keep this simple, I just wanted to add others on the topic because there were others who played with the Lady.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I thought that we would do a Top Ten movies of Maureen O'Hara.

1. Any movie she did will count, and you may change your mind but your list will be counted one time only. The best way to make you changes are to edit your list.

2.This will continue until November 30 at midnight your time.

3. All members on this message board are eligible for the vote.

4. Let's stick with 10 (ten) of her movies. Any more will not count. You may also list less than ten.

5. Have fun

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• It was hard to put these into an order . . . :uhuh2: . . . we like 'em all!

The Quiet Man

The Parent Trap

Miracle on 34th Street

McLintock!

Rio Grande

Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation

The Christmas Box

The Rare Breed

Spencer's Mountain

We've also seen her in Big Jake, Wings of Eagles, and How Green Was My Valley. In the first two, her roles were quite limited, and in the last one, the plot was so depressing we could hardly count it as a favorite.

We've ordered Only the Lonely, so maybe after we've watched that, we'll add it to the list.

Thanks, Hondo, for getting us to think about this!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi all,
    Here is my list.

Rio Grande
    The Quiet Man
    McLintock
    Big Jake
    The Wings of Eagles
    Against all Flags
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    Rare Breed
    Jamaica Inn
    Black Swan

For a pity I haven't seem many of Maureen films. With these 10 only Deadly Companions Bagdad and Sindbad.
    Regards,
    Senta :rolleyes:

• WOW!! Time is running short for this top 10 movies. I hope you get the chance to do this before the dead line. Get in your votes ASAP!

Cheers B)

- John Wayne quote

• 1. The Parent Trap
    2. Miracle on 34th Street
    3. The Quiet Man
    4. Spencer's Mountain
    5. McLintock!
    6. Father was a Fullback
    7. How Green was my Valley
    8. Only The Lonely
    9. The Black Swain
    10. Rio Grande

Cheers B)

- John Wayne quote

• Here is my list -

The Quiet Man
    McLintock
    Rio Grande
    Big Jake
    Miracle on 34th Street
    The Wings of Eagles
    Sinbad the Sailor
    The Parent Trap
    How Green Was My Valley
    Spencer's Mountain

Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi

Just to get in quick heres my ten

The Quiet Man
    Rio Grande
    McLintock
    The Long Grey Line
    Big Jake
    Miracle on 34th Street
    The Wings of Eagles
    Sinbad the Sailor
    The Spanish Main
    Sons of the Musketeers
    The Rare Breed

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• This topic and voting is now closed. Results on this top ten list will be listed very shortly. Thanks to all who made their list.

Cheers B)

- John Wayne quote

• This is your vote and you have your list of top 10 movies of Maureen O’Hara. She made so many good films and you list the top ones. She stared with many great ones like Duke, Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda, John Payne, Tyron Power, Anthony Quinn, John Candy??? She made these pictures great and you voted your top 10. Here are the movies that were nominated for this top ten list.
    The Wings of Eagles, The Spanish Main, The Rare Breed, The Quiet Man, The Parent Trap, The Long Grey Line, The Hatchback of Notre-Dame, The Christmas Box, The Black Swain, Spencer's Mountain, Sons of the Musketeers, Sinbad the Sailor, Rio Grande, Only The Lonely, Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation, Miracle on 34th Street, McLintock!, Jamaica Inn, How Green was My Valley, Father was a Fullback, Big Jake, and Against all Flags

Your Top 10 List for Maureen O’Hara movies.

1. The Quiet Man (3) 56
    2. McLintock! 46
    3. Rio Grande (2) 44
    4. Miracle on 34th Street 32
    5. Big Jake 27
    6. The Parent Trap (1) 23
    7. The Wings of Eagles 20
    8. The Rare Breed 12
    9. Spencer's Mountain 10
    10. The Long Grey Line 7
    10. The Hunchback of Notre-Dame 7

The number is the total votes in this Top Ten poll. The parenthesis are the first place votes.

Cheers B)

- John Wayne quote

• HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY.

With Wayne THE QUIET MAN.
    And since McLINTOCK! is finally available in WideScreen, I really like it!
    RIO GRANDE too of course. I haven uncut Super-8 print of it which I screen
    every other two years.

I'm heavily involved in working on Sam Peckinpah's legacy (doing documentaries, articles, retrospectives and a book). Their collaboration wasn't very memorable, mainly because Charles Fitzsimons didn't recognize Peckinpah's talent and did not allow the creator of THE RIFLEMAN & THE WESTERNER to work on the script or talk to his sister Maureen... The result was a mediocre low-budget western, 'partly saved by Bill Clothier' (Peckinpah)

• I have really enjoyed reading your favorite O'Hara movies and I find it very hard to say which one I like the best. She is one of the greatest actresses in film. I loved her in The Parent Trap and Spencer's Mountain. And I can't think of a movie with Duke that I didn't like either. How can you forget Miracle on 34th Street. And so many others. But I have to tell you that my favorite one is The Quiet Man with John Wayne. She is my favorite actress and no one and I mean no one can ever take her place.

What are some of your favorites?

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote