John Wayne's Relative?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,834 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• When I visited Mount Rushmore in 1998, to visit and view "The Four Presidents", I saw a highly enlarged photo of one of the many men who worked on that magnificent project. If I hadn't known better, I would have sworn that this particular man was John Wayne(Marion Morrison) himself. There is a memorial-cum-honour wall at this place, naming all of the people who worked on this project; one of them being Ronald Morrison. Does anyone know if in fact, this "Ronald" was in fact, John Wayne's brother called Robert; or if John Wayne had a cousin by the name of Ronald Morrison?
    Thank you.

• Pete,

Welcome to the board. This is a great place to meet others who are John Wayne enthusiast.

To answer your question, I checked into the books I have about John Wayne bio's, and there is nothing in any of the books that talk about a relative involved at Mt. Rushmore. Duke's brother would have been too young to be a part of it. There are lots of Morrison's in this country.

Unless there is a distant relative, that the bio hasn't picked up, I don't think so. This project would have been done, the early part of the 20th century.

If I remember my history, this project had a lot of financial challenges, and almost didn't happen, but I haven't researched this part before responding to your thread. I'll look into the Mt. Rushmore info, and get back to you about this end of the Morrison connection. But I am almost 100% sure there is no relation.

Good question. I'll confirm this later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Cheers,
    Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote