Duke's Movie Discussions

There are 93 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 56,082 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Keith,
    May I suggest a good old Stagecoach. Everybody have seen it and may be it is not all said about this wonderful film.
    I have a special reason for that suggestion. It will be shown on big screen in one of our theaters on January,9, so I will have the opotunity to see it as it was made.
    Regards,
    Vera

• Bill,
    I feel myself lucky too. I was so exited when I found it. We have some famous old films shown in one of our theaters (it is something like cinema club), but it is first time I saw Duke's or Ford film in their monthly list. So I try to gether all my friends to that event. It will be shown only one time.
    Regards,
    Vera

• Bill,

You got your passport ready? Just how far can your plane take you? You deserve to see Stagecoach on the big screen, and then you can bring Vera back to the States, so we can meet her too! Of course, maybe you can stop off in the UK and pick up a couple of buddies there as well.

Chester :newyear:

• Chester and Vera,

I would love to do that BUT, I only have 4 Hours of Fuel on board and that would put me about 1000 Miles out in the Atlantic and I would have to PADDLE the rest of the way to the U.K. :fear2:

Oh for the days of that Old B-29 in the 1950s I could get there Non-Stop! :jump: May-Be I will win the Loto and can Get A "Gulfstream 5" and we all can go and after the Film , all of us come back and have a Week at the 26 Bar Ranch, Chester will bring the Sausa Commemorativo Tequila!!! :rolleyes:

Bill :cowboy:

• Hi Keith.

At the rate you are reviewing you will soon have covered them all. I would like to see a review of "Hatari!" since it is such an oddball in the collection. Besides it is one of my favorite movies.

Regards
    Popol Vuh

Originally posted by William T Brooks@Jan 4 2006, 08:57 AM
    MayBe I will win the Lotto and can Get A "Gulfstream 5" and we all can go and after the Film , all of us come back and have a Week at the 26 Bar Ranch, Chester will bring the Sausa Commemorativo Tequila!!!

[snapback]24985[/snapback]

If you win the lotto, I hope we will spend more than a Week at the 26 Bar Ranch :D !

I'll be watching for that tequila on sale ;) .

heh hem . . . <clearing throat> . . . um, movie review requests . . . um . . . how about Wings of Eagles? Another John Wayne/Maureen O'Hara vehicle, although Ms. O'Hara's part in this movie is not as large as in some others. It is interesting to see how JW's character ages over several decades as part of the story line.

Good . . . did my part to get this back on topic :) !

Originally posted by chester7777@Jan 5 2006, 05:08 AM

Good . . . did my part to get this back on topic :) !

[snapback]25007[/snapback]

Yes, right after you got it off topic. :lol:

Popol Vuh

• Hey Keith,
    How about doing a review of Rio Bravo? Unless you've done it already but, I didn't see it. I'd like to see who some of the uncredited cast members were. Especially the ones whose characters were working for the Burdette, Nathan Burdette.

• Hi,
    Popul Vuh, amongst one or two others,
    has requested, that we rate each Movie Review,
    from 0-10,
    it will be interesting to see how we all think!!
    So, from now on, can we rate the films, when we discuss them,
    thanks,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Keith.

No more requests but I wish you could speed up the process a little bit. I have a nagging suspicion that you have spent several minutes of the last couple of days doing other things besides writing reviews and posting. :lol:

• Hi Popul Vuh,
    You are a cheeky monkey,and you make me laugh, but I get your point!!
    I've actually spent hours and hours doing this,as you you can tell, and I came to the conclusion, that when the new Forums were formed, there seemed little point,
    having them sit there empty!!
    No one can comment on the films, until they're posted!
    The original idea, of doing 2 or 3 a week, went out the window,
    when the new forums, were opened.
    I feel that once they're all in there, our members,
    can browse, and post in their own time.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I think it would be a better idea to slow down, most of dukes movies have been put on now and no real meaningful conversations about each movie have arose.

I appreciate what you are trying to do, however I feel it is getting lost in transition.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie