Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,614 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Amen, Brother Jim - that makes two of us. I hope and pray the Dummicrats are totally destroyed. Forever and ever. :jump:
    BTW, you think Toomey will take the Senate seat?

Yes, I think both Toomey and Corbett will win. The big question is "do they get it?". I still don't think that most Republicans understand that what they need to do is cut spending (and I'm talking real cuts, not just cutting spending growth), lower taxes, reduce the size of the federal government and return power to the states.

They need to quit listening to the special interest groups (whiners) and get back to the constitution, but alas, I'm afraid that might conflict with their agendas. We need a viable 3rd party, who knows, I may yet join the Libertarian party! :ohmy:

Jim

• Yes, I think both Toomey and Corbett will win. The big question is "do they get it?". I still don't think that most Republicans understand that what they need to do is cut spending (and I'm talking real cuts, not just cutting spending growth), lower taxes, reduce the size of the federal government and return power to the states.

They need to quit listening to the special interest groups (whiners) and get back to the constitution, but alas, I'm afraid that might conflict with their agendas. We need a viable 3rd party, who knows, I may yet join the Libertarian party! :ohmy:

I sincerely believe that if the Pubbies don't listen to the Tea Partiers, they're finished as a viable alternative to the Dummicrats.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• [quote='Stumpy','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=96819#post96819']I've read a couple of articles just this past week that the UK and France are pooling their defense resources in aircraft carriers and nuclear weapons because neither can (or wants to, more probably) afford to maintain those weapons systems on their own. It even said that the Royal Navy is practically gutting itself just to help build those two new carriers.

I think that idea lasted 0.0004 seconds political bandstanding at its best!

I'll bet Nelson and Wellington are turning in their graves.

Now, what was that about political grandstanding at its best, Mike? :wink_smile:

• I would place a bet that we will be full scale economic depression within the next year and it wont make any difference who is in Senate, Congress or White House.

The fact that the Fed is printing another trillion dollars after printing 1.75 trillion will mean that the honey pot is not only empty but remortaged five times over.

• I would place a bet that we will be full scale economic depression within the next year and it wont make any difference who is in Senate, Congress or White House.

The fact that the Fed is printing another trillion dollars after printing 1.75 trillion will mean that the honey pot is not only empty but remortaged five times over.

Well, let's hope you lose the bet.

• Well, let's hope the Republicans got the correct message. We aren't endorsing THEM, but rather the core beliefs that they once stood for (limited government, lower taxes, fiscal responsibilty). The ball is in their court now, if they fumble, we'll kick their butts out in 2 years!

Jim

• if they fumble, we'll kick their butts out in 2 years!

Once again, we agree.

You were right in your prediction concerning the governor's and senator's races in your state. THANK GOODNESS. For awhile I thought that durned Sestak was gonna win.