Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 837,766 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Good riddance, you unprincipled SOB.

Hell, he votes like a Dummicrat most of the time anyway.

Now if only McCain, Snowe, Collins and one or two others would leave the GOP, we'd have a relatively pure conservatism.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I think you Missed The Point, He knew He Could Not Be Elected again if He Was A Republican in His State, and that Should Tell You a Lot About That Crooked Bunch That We Have In Washington On Both Sides !!!
    :devil_smile:
    :fear:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• I think you Missed The Point, He knew He Could Not Be Elected again if He Was A Republican in His State, and that Should Tell You a Lot About That Crooked Bunch That We Have In Washington On Both Sides !!!

:devil_smile:
    :fear:
    Chilibill

:cowboy:

Oh, I didn't miss the point, Bill. Specter perfectly illustrates the rottenness of politicians on all sides. They're so freakin' power-hungry that they have no compunction about changing their stripes in order to continue in office. I hope he develops a particularly painful cancer and dies within 6 months. Would serve him right.

• I'm with you Stumpy! Good riddance to him and those like him! Should have done this a long time ago.

What I think is particularly fitting is the egg that is now on the faces of Bush and Santorum. Those numb nuts had a real conservative option to support in the last election and they sold out.

How great would it be to see Arley get beat by Toomey in the general election and prove those SOB's wrong.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• How great would it be to see Arley get beat by Toomey in the general election and prove those SOB's wrong.

Amen, brother. That would be one of the the best things to ever happen in the political world.

Unfortunately, I don't have much hope of it happening in the blue state of Pennsylvania.

• Hey Stumpy,

I see Souter finally decided to hang it up. Maybe the Anointed One will nominate Judge Bork... or not.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Far as I'm concerned, the president for which I'm nostalgic is worth 50 of the "moderate" (read RINO) idiots who keep trying to convince conservatives like me that we should forget. It'll be a cold day in hell before I vote for any of those mentioned in this article.

• Sorry if I intrude: I've tried to understand your talk (I've not read 144 pages, of course), because I'm very concerned with politic... I understand that the positions of many of you are similliar to Duke ones, isn't it? My positions are very similiar to them.
    I'm in Italy and so I've not a clear idea about how politic is going on in the USA... what do you think about the new president? He seems to me not to be very near to my positions... but I'm very young and I know very little of USA politic, so I'm willing to hear your wise opinions. Thanks! :)

• Sorry if I intrude: I've tried to understand your talk (I've not read 144 pages, of course), because I'm very concerned with politic... I understand that the positions of many of you are similliar to Duke ones, isn't it? My positions are very similiar to them.
    I'm in Italy and so I've not a clear idea about how politic is going on in the USA... what do you think about the new president? He seems to me not to be very near to my positions... but I'm very young and I know very little of USA politic, so I'm willing to hear your wise opinions. Thanks! :)

Terry,
    You are correct in your belief that the political opinions of many if not most of the board's participants are the same as Duke's.

I personally am probably the most conservative, and opinionated :wink_smile:, member of the board. All of my life (I'm 71 years old) I've been very interested and involved in politics, though I must admit that events that have occurred since the year 2000 have really soured me on politics. The reason I say that is because I thought the Republicans, who are supposed to be the more conservative of the two major parties in America, acted like Democrats in growing government and blowing the taxpayers' money. I also am convinced that George Bush was a total disaster as a Republican president and that most of the blame for the Democratic takeover of our government can be laid at Bush's feet.

I don't think you will find many people on this board who admit to liking Obama or his policies.

P.S.
    I don't know how wise my opinions are but they're MY opinions. :wink_smile::teeth_smile:

• maybe the most vocally opinionated on here stumpy, but the most conservative might be a tight race. :wink_smile: I have never disagreed on one opinion youve ever stated about politics, so if your wrong theres more of us. I dont keep up with whos the up and coming and potential canidates, cause id like to give em a ll a long tall tree and a short piece of rope and see little faith that our govt will ever pull its head out of the sand (being professional with my words). Until a senator/governor etc cares what i think, and votes with the majority opinion for a change instead of the minority they are all traitors in my mind. Im for succession

Edited 2 times, last by FarmerSteve ().

• Another so-called Republican heard from. I say so-called because as far as I'm concerned, no self-respecting Republican would work for the New York Times.

People like Brooks never tire of criticizing the trait of individualism, prized by conservatives. They're always urging us toward collectivism, (or, in Brook's words, "community-mindedness") which the liberals love.

• Another so-called Republican heard from. I say so-called because as far as I'm concerned, no self-respecting Republican would work for the New York Times.
    People like Brooks never tire of criticizing the trait of individualism, prized by conservatives. They're always urging us toward collectivism, (or, in Brook's words, "community-mindedness") which the liberals love.

What loco weed has this guy Brooks been eating?

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"