Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 838,520 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• FACTS TO PONDER :

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000. (Calculation) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
    Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

Now think about this:

Guns:
    (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000
    (Yes, that's 80 million..)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is1,500. (Calculation) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188 Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention

• Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention

I truly believe that lawyers are directly or indirectly responsible for most of the world's problems. Generally speaking, lawyers are among my least favorite people.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Chester and Stumpy;

You Both Hit The Nail Right On The Head !!!
    Back when I was a Child in the 1930s and did not want to go to School because I did not feel good, Grandmother would Call Old Doc McQuin and He would come by the House to Check on Me, and then come by each day until I went Back to School. You will not Find that Anymore. :uhoh:

Stumpy; You are Correct about Attorneys, they are the Worst and Cause Most of The Problems in Todays World.
    :devil:

There Should be a Law on the Books for Doctors and Attorneys that if they cause the Death of Any One Unjustly They Should Be Shot At Dawn, I will Sign up for that Duty !!!
    I will Drink To That.:beer:

Bill :hyper:

• Now that sounds like one of those nasty assault rifle to me. :stunned:

Another stupid liberal-dreamed-up-arbitrary classification.

So what caliber is your Mauser? 7 or 8 mm?

Hi Tbone, heh heh, no nasty assault rifle but a VERY nasty sniper rifle. ;-D

My Mauser fires 8x57. Can't find that ammo anywhere near where I live. Wal-Mart used to sell it but claimed it was not a popular round and quit selling it. Geeze, I know several shooters here who also own (former) German Army Mauser rifles and also love to go shooting. I'd love to take mine out for a "spin." :D

I used to have quite an arsenal myself including a few of those demon possessed assault rifles. I even had a Chinese Uzi with a 100 rd mag, 50 rd mag and a 30 rd mag. I had the mags taped together so I could imitate Steve McQueen in: Hell is for Heroes. I even had a Hell-Fire trigger system for that Uzi. Some friends and I used to get together and take this baby out. We were shooting onetime when a Deputy Sheriff stopped by and inquired as to why we had an automatic weapon? I simply showed him that is was not a full auto and that it merely had the external trigger system on it. The Deputy told us to be careful and have fun and then left us.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I have a politically uncorrect gun. They are awesome!! What I get a kick out of is when you bring it out and people just stare at you like, "What is he going to do with that?"

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I have a politically uncorrect gun. They are awesome!! What I get a kick out of is when you bring it out and people just stare at you like, "What is he going to do with that?"

You must have an AR, Todd, which looks like a mean mother but operates the same as any other semi-auto weapon. Of course, the anti-gun nuts and their demogogic allies in Congress, such as Schumer, don't know the difference.

I've got a couple of 'em too.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• You must have an AR, Todd, which looks like a mean mother but operates the same as any other semi-auto weapon. Of course, the anti-gun nuts and their demogogic allies in Congress, such as Schumer, don't know the difference.

I've got a couple of 'em too.

You betcha Stumpy.

I have a Bushmaster Varminter AR-15. I have numerous clips for it. Couple 20's, 30's and some 40 round clips. That one makes the eye's bug out of there heads. Then I have a scope and a bipod on it so it really looks like a sniper rifle!! I love that thing!!

That gun is one that they will have to "pull from my cold, dead fingers" to get it from me!!

-John Wayne

• Meanwhile in UK we have ex policeman arrested and taken to court for having a Swiss Army knife in his hand luggage because his main luggage was too heavy.

Don't get me started on this world wide ploy to get rid of guns. The people behind this want people to think that it is just to get the "assault rifle" types out of people's hands. But they actually want to get rid of all guns. I know alot of people have a negative view on the NRA but this one item that they fight for should be more then enough reason to support them.

-John Wayne

• Good Lord Ringo, you could start a small war!!!:ohmy:

Just kidding about all the guns I allegedly have ;-D That number has dropped for a few reasons. I sold a few to some Policemen I knew in Kingsville Texas, some years ago. I traded a few away for various things. And I gave one away to each Nephew I have. My number had drastically dropped but, I no longer have just quantity but, I have quality weapons. My next one is going to be a WWII Colt .45. Love those .45's.

Have and used to have:

Early Chinese made Uzi.
    Early Chinese made SKS Carbine--which befor ethat stupid law happened, I had it converted into an assault rifle with 30 rd detachable mags and also added a bi-pod to it. This rifle was a piece of garbage though--as I later found out.
    Original and never issued and very beautiful and qulity made: Russian SKS rifle made in 1953.
    I ever-so-briefly-owned Lt. Gen. Francis P. Hardaway's Remington Colt 45. This beauty only showed ever so slight holster wear. You can look up this General/Gent, as he was an Artillery General serving under MacArthur.
    I once also had one of those (and wrongfully named) Black Widow Lugars.
    I had 5 Walther P-38s. Traded away two, sold one, one was stolen and still have the other.
    1941 made Mauser 98 K. Gave it to a WWII German veteran I knew.
    Walther PP, made in 1939--traded it away.
    Walther PPK, traded it away.
    Intratec DC-9. Sold.
    M-1 Garand--traded away.
    1913 Karl Gufstadt Swedish Mauser--fires 6.5 x 55. This was one hell of a beautiful Mauser. This is one of the three I gave to my Nephews.
    M-100 Carbind .22 cal rifle. I bought this one because it looked like a Star Wars lazer rifle. Gave this one away as well.
    S-42 K-98 Mauser Sniper varient. (still have) This is one of those prototype Mausers and has a fixed 25 round ansteckmagazin.
    1898 Krag Carbine. (Still have)
    .22 cal remington rifle. (Stolen from our house about 15 years ago and never recovered.) My stolen P-38 has never been recovered either and im positive that it now resides in someones collection.
    I briefly owned 20 Mosin Nagants. I bought a bunch from a place that had thousands in stock and I cleaned them up and made sure they worked and then I placed them all up for sale to hunters. Needless to say, I sold every one within about 2 days of that ad in the Kingsville Record newspaper.
    And last but not least, I used to have two Lithgow-Lee Enfield Rifles. Traded these away for some militaria. (I got the better deal even though Lithgows are some of the more rarer Lee-Enfields)

When I lived in K-ville, many officers from the police and sheriffs departments all used to come by my place to look at and buy some of my guns. I also used to look for a particular gun that someone wanted. Needless to say, I was never harassed by anyone when I used to ride around town with my M-1 Garand or a Mauser strapped to my back. Now if I tried that ina bigger city, the swat team would be called out. :ohwell: Go figure!

• diane feinstein (SP?) is so much against guns but, did you know that she has a concealed handgun she carries? If not, just thought i'd let you know.