Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 847,653 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• jay
    i know what you mean by allowing them to go up with their peers even though they cant cope with the work, they do that at my sons current school. i have him tutored once a week for his english and at the end of this year i am moving him out of the school he is in to another one which has smaller classes and teach the 3 r's i hope this move will give him more of a chance to succeed with his education.
    cheers smokey

Good for you, smokey!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Jim, That sticks me in the wrong place too. I do have a solution about the entertainers and athletics, if it matters. Stop supporting them by watching or purchasing their endorsements. I don't go to games because it is way too expensive, and I really don't watch. I do go to the movies, and purchase the movies personally, but I can cut it out.

It has in recent years shown in the profits of the businesses, but we can do more. The owners are the ones who make the millions and billions. As for the CEO's who are making a killing and killing those who work hard. That is a little difficult to deal with, but it can be done by the same token. We are so into gadgets and entertainment that we loose perspective in our priorities that things right now is wacky.

We need to get things in the right perspective and distribute wealth in the right places to the farmers, teachers, police, firefighters, doctors, nurses and get it away from the ones who don't appreciate it like the actors and athletics and the CEO's.

Whatcha think?

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Sounds like this is right in your backyard, Mike (the Hondo Mike).

Political news like this just confirms what I've thought for the past four years and that is that George W. Bush has been an unmitigated disaster for the Republican Party. I'm sure that my great-great-grandkids are gonna be living under Dummicrat governments because of this total loser.

His free-spending ways, his growing of government both in size and intrusiveness, and his getting us into a war we didn't have to be in has turned millions of conservatives like me against the Republican "brand."

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Any time a politician (ANY politician) is talking, a person definitely needs a(bs2) protector.

The longer I live, the more contempt I have for those jerks. I've read a lot of American history and during our 200 plus years, politicians who have acted in the best interests of the whole country have been very few and far between.

• Like his myriad other failings, Shrub is an extremely poor judge of character.

I've never trusted communists or "former" communists and never will. That's why I don't trust members of the Dummicrat Party.

• The Presidential election was too close to call. Neither the Republican candidate nor the Democratic candidate had enough votes to win. There was much talk about ballot recounting, court challenges, etc., but a week long ice fishing competition seemed the sportsmanlike way to settle things. The candidate that caught the most fish at the end of the week would win the election.

Therefore, it was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest between the two candidates to determine the winner.

After much back and forth discussion, it was decided that the contest take place on a remote frozen lake in northern Minnesota .

There were to be no observers present, and both men were to be sent out separately on this isolated lake and return at 5 PM with their catch for counting and verification by a team of neutral parties.

At the end of the first day, John Mc. returned to the starting line and he had ten fish.

Soon, Obama returned and had no fish. Well, everyone assumed he was just having another 'bad hair' day or something and hopefully, he would catch up the next day.

At the end of the 2nd day John Mc. came in with 20 fish and Obama came in again with none.

That evening, Harry Reid got together secretly with Obama and said, 'Obama, I think John Mc. is a low-life, cheatin' son-of-a-gun. I want you to go out tomorrow and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see just how he is cheating.'

The next night (after John Mc. returns with 50 fish), Reid said to Obama, 'Well, tell me, how is John Mc. cheating?'

Obama replied, 'Harry, you're not going to believe this, but he's cutting holes in the ice.'

Experience Counts!

• Yes, I'll admit that capitalism has had a lot to do with creating wealth and making life better for many people but sometimes I get very disgusted with the many faults in the system too.

For instance, I've never understood why entertainers and athletes get paid millions of dollars for what they do, while the farmers and ranchers who produce the food that keeps us alive struggle to keep their heads above water. And millions of those farmers and ranchers have gone broke.

And every day we read stories about CEOs who make millions of dollars while their employees are getting laid off because the companies are not making a profit. There's definitely something wrong with this picture.

In the past few years, I've personally witnessed and/or experienced several other instances of what I think are economically unfair practices in our capitalistic system.

As we've aged, the wife and I naturally require medical care more often. Invariably much, or in some cases even most, of the actual treatment has been performed by medical technicians or nurses, rather than the doctors themselves. Yet we all know who's gonna knock down the big bucks - hint: it ain't gonna be the technicians or nurses.

• Looks like Mc Cain is slipping. Mind you it is not over until the fat lady sings. By the way will Hillary go for VP slot with Obama!!

You must be getting your news from "The Guardian", Mike. The big news over here for the past week is that McCain has moved ahead of The One in the polls. And that Hillary doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being selected as the VP candidate.

• Never read the Guardian. If Mc Cain works out how many homes he has it might be a start. Very dull campaign and if he isnt careful he could be following Bob Dole's game plan. Now Obama has picked his running mate of Joe Biden. A guy who plagarised a Neil Kinnock speech Lord helps us.

Really it is down to who makes a mistake from the convention to the election.

I still think Mc Cain will win if he doesnt throw it away. Picking a conservative from the south would be a start for him.

• With Biden as the VP for Obama, that just gave that McCain campaign more ammo. Biden is/has been the worst mouthpiece for the Dem's for years. He has stuck his foot in his mouth so many times its not even funny. The conservatives are going to rip him to pieces.

Anyone catch the story about this William Ayer's character who is linked to some bombings in the US back in the 60's or 70's? From the article he is a good friend of Obama. How can someone running for president be friends with a known terrorist??

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• The other problem here is that this Obama character is saying he is going to give american families a $1000 rebate check to offset the rise in energy prices. To pay for it he is going to tax the oil companies a large amount of money. What most people don't understand is, the oil companies are not going to loose money, if the get the crap taxed out of them, they will make up the difference by raising there prices. Don't but into this "rebate check", it will only cost the american tax payer more later on.

Not to sound to negative but, obama is a stupid politician. This guy will not get my vote because of the following reasons:

1) I don't think he has enough time in an elected office to know how to run a City Landfill. With his short time in an emected office, IMO-what the heck does he think that he should run for office?

2) He's a (new)Democrat. These rats are nothing like those of the J.F.K. days.

3) He keeps promising change--well, what i'd like to know is: what the heck is he supposed to change? This guy has never in anything I struggeled to listen to him on, has never, not once, told my what he is supposed to change.

4) He's as anti-2nd Amendment as they come. My oldest Nephew just joined the NRA and im joining too as soon as I get some extra money available.

5) I don't want another drug addict elected into office-I don't care what color his skin is?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Stumpy must be out of town or something, because we were sure he would have posted on this already.

We're sure by now all of you are aware of John McCain's choice for his vice-presidential candidate, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. We heard the announcement this morning, and had the pleasure of listening to her acceptance speech! All I can say is

YEE HAW!!

She's a life member of the NRA, loves to hunt and fish, and I'll bet she even likes John Wayne. What a breath of fresh air! Hope springs eternal, as far as we're concerned!

There's plenty of her on YouTube - check it out!

Here's the first part of her acceptance speech -

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

BTW, does anybody recognize the music that's playing as she enters?

Here's part two (the conclusion) of her speech -

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• It either an inspired choice or a big mistake. If Sarah connects with American voters she will win the election for Mc Cain or if she has a Dan Quayle moment it could all be over.

Getting more interesting by the moment

Mike