Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 833,307 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Now you understand why I'm such an unregenerate reprobate - this is the kind of political milieu in which I grew up.

Don't tread on me, federal government. LOL

De gustibus non est disputandum

• The world's full of 'em, Bill.

Yeah, I work for one!!

By the way, Jackass is my wife's and and I favorite term to describe a person that irritate's us and does something stupid.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I think the time has come to forget about Republicans and Democrats because they are all alike. The folks in Washington are too busy patting each other on the back, with their hands in peoples pockets.
    What they don't seem to realize is that most of us work for a living. I'm proud to be an American citizen and I still believe in what our Founding Fathers wanted for us....
    I'm willing to fight for it, even if it's my own government I have to fight.
    It's time the politicians were reminded of who they are supposed to be working for. My pitchfork and torches are ready.
    Hey Stumpy - can Oklahoma come with Texas when they secede?

• can Oklahoma come with Texas when they secede?

Mattie Lee,
    I was born and currently live in Texas. I grew up in southern Oklahoma where my mama and daddy's folks lived. As far as I'm concerned, they're one and the same (except when football season rolls around - then I'm a Sooner all the way. :wink_smile::teeth_smile:)

• time has come to forget about Republicans and Democrats because they are all alike. The folks in Washington are too busy patting each other on the back, with their hands in peoples pockets.

I beg to differ with your opinion expressed above. You have a senator in Oklahoma who's one of only two people in the entire United States for whom I'd vote as president. The Dems (and probably even a few Republicans) call him Dr. No because he is constantly striving to get their hands out of your pockets.

• I stand corrected. It's wrong to lump them all together because odds are, there are a few good politicians. I just wish we had more like him to vote into the offices the bad ones have.

• In the Old Days of the 1930s and until the 1950s in Arizona was Run By Democrats but was a Very Conservative State !
    :wink:
    If you were a Republican in Arizona at that time you would Just Not Run as a Republican but as a Conservative Democrat !!
    :glare:
    Then in the 1950s here came a Half-Breed Jew Boy
    "Berry Goldwater."
    :teeth_smile:
    He had His own Money so He Did Not Have His Hand in Your Pocket for your Money, and was Very Honest and Loved Arizona and The U.S.A. and The Freedom that we had in the Southwest and Did Not want us to Lose it,
    And this Changed Arizona and the U.S. Forever !!!
    He was Known as
    "Mr. Conservative"
    :wink_smile:
    Bill
    :cowboy:
    http://www.ranch26bar.com/GOLDWATER.html

• My first presidential vote was for Nixon against Kennedy in 1960 but I didn't really become enthusiastic about politics until Barry Goldwater's candidacy in 1964. I became one of Barry's most loyal supporters, sending him money; knocking on doors for him; and trying to help him in every way I could. I was crushed when LBJ beat him.

I loved that campaign slogan of his - "A Choice, Not An Echo".

• Now here's a man I could gladly vote for as president in 2012. I'd definitely trust him to keep America safe from Arab terrorists.

General Petraeus

• My girl socks it to 'em.

Love those disparaging slurs she comes up with in the last couple of paragraphs: "bubble-head anchorettes" and "impotent nose-pickers". :laugh::laugh: They're right on the money.

• Two days ago in Williams, Arizona we had over 250 Bike Riders that had started out in L.A. on their way to Wasington, D.C. and every one in Town Turned to Greet Them, And all of us Waving Small U.S. Flags !
    :teeth_smile:
    Then They Camped out in Williams for The Night, before moving on the Next Day on there way to Washington, D.C. For what is Called "Rolling Thunder To The Wall" in Wasington D.C.!!
    :wink_smile:
    One of them told us that by the time They Get to D.C. there would be Way over 150,000 Bikers to be at The Wall and Tell the People in Washington What They Think About What is Going On There !!!
    :hyper:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

Go All You Bikers
    ++++++++++++

• Hell, that's easy, Bill. Just pick the entire Democratic Party, starting with the head Democrat himself. :vomit: