Hubble's Top Ten space photographs and other aviation stories

There are 104 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 34,972 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Back when one of the First Jet Airliners the 707 was being Tested, The Great Test Pilot of that time "Tex Johnson" was to do a low Fly-By for the people that were watching the Airshow in Washington State.
    :angel1:
    He did the Fly-By, and then Pulled Up And Went into ROLL and was the Only Time That is Known that One of these Very Large Airliners was Ever Rolled on Purpose !!!
    :vampire: Chilibill
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Totally cool Chester. Maybe I'll get to California a little sooner when this goes out in the market.:wink_smile:

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• This is just for Fun and Not about Duke.
    :uhuh:
    Back in the late 1980s we did a Film about Israel Stealing a Mig-15 from Iraq and it was done from a Story that was Really True and I flew the Stolen Mig-15 in the Film !
    :wink_smile:
    The Film was done in Southern California near Blythe and Palm Springs on the Mojave Desert, And The Dead Sea was The Salt and Sea near Palm Spings, and the Iraq Air Field Was The Blyth Airport !!!
    :ohmy:
    The Film Clips of the Actors that were Playing the Pilot Parts in the Cockpits were were all done in Hollywood, Sorry but that is the way Films are Made !!!!
    :embaressed_smile:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Then on to what we Call The Rat Race trying to get away from the Bad Guys at 600 Miles Per Hour !!
    :teeth_smile:
    And the Smoke that is Coming from my Aircraft after I get Shot Up is Oil Pumped Into The Tail Pipe !!!
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Great videos Bill, here's something from a more modern Air Force. knowing your indefatigable spirit, you'll be wanting to learn how to fly this one too.

THE GLOBALHAWK

This is a photo of the Global Hawk UAV that returned from the war zone recently under its own power. (Iraq to Edwards AFB in CA) - Not transported via C5 or C17.....

Notice the mission paintings on the fuselage.

It's actually over 250 missions.... (and I would suppose 25 air medals).

That's a long way for a remotely-piloted aircraft.

Think of the technology (and the required quality of the data link
    to fly it remotely).

Not only that but the pilot controlled it from a nice warm control panel at Edwards AFB.

(They also fly them out of Davis-Monthan AFB here in Tucson for missions over the Middle East.)

Really long legs - can stay up for almost 2 days at altitudes above 60k (60,000 feet).

The Global Hawk was controlled via satellite; it flew missions during OT&E that went from Edwards AFB to upper Alaska and back non-stop.

Basically, they come into the fight at a high mach # in mil thrust, fire their AMRAAMS, and no one ever sees them or paints them with radar.

There is practically no radio chatter because all the guys in the flight are tied together electronically, and can see who is targeting who, and they have AWACS direct input and

360 situational awareness from that and other sensors.

The aggressors had a morale problem before it was all over.

It is to air superiority what the jet engine was to aviation.

It can taxi, take off, fly a mission, return, land and taxi on its own.
    No blackouts, no fatigue, no relief tubes, no ejection seats, and best of all, no dead pilots, no POWs!

Pretty cool!

• Things have be mighty slow around here in the last few weeks, where are all of the Old Timers ?
    So here is one of the Aircraft that Duke Bumbed a ride in years ago, The T-33 Jet, with the U.S.A.F. Thunderbirds and said that it was His Favorite Jet !
    :angel:
    These Film Clips are from a T.V. Special that we did back in the 1980s about the First Jet Aircraft from the Early 1950s, that helped bring on the Jet Age !!
    :thumbs_up:
    There are 4 Video Clips on YouTube that shows me Checking out in the Aircraft and Flying The T-33 Jet !!!
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Here are some pictures that were sent to me Of One Of The Largest Air Forces in the World !
    :wink_smile:
    "THE ARIZONA AIR FORCE"
    :vampire:
    Near Tucson, Arizona there are Hundreds of Jet Bombers and Jet Fighters just Setting Waiting for The Next Big War !!
    :dry:
    I have Flown over it Many Times on my way down to South Eastern Arizona, So I guess You Could Say,
    "Arizona Has One Of The Largest Air Forces In The World" !!!
    Chilibill