Cheyenne Autumn In HD

There are 25 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,145 times. The latest Post () was by gt12pak.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Does anyone have Cheyenne Autumn on DVD? I'm looking for a scanned image of the case cover and DVD. I got it off HDNetMovies and can't find the cover and label anywhere.

• I rented it from our library but I never scanned the cover or anything. Sorry. I think it is all red with a picture or statue of a indian or something to that effect.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• So . . . did any of you ever get around to watching this film? We rented it, and just spent (or should we say wasted) 156 minutes watching it. SLOW, disjointed, some parts of it totally irrelevant and stupid, no star power (James Stewart in one of the worst roles in which we've seen him) . . . Boo, Hiss!

Parts of it seemed like a "Donovan's Reef" of Westerns . . . in fact, Elizabeth Allen of DR was in this film, for a short portion.

Patrick Wayne was in this one, and his character was similar to the one he played in The Searchers, young, inexperienced, kind of dumb for awhile.

Can't say we'd recommend this one . . . .:cry2:.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1: and Christopher (age 10):holiday_irish:

• Thanks for that review Chester. I've wanted to see it for a long time and now I won't be in such a hurry. Just thought that a John Ford picture would be excellent viewing. So far, I haven't been disapppointed in anything I've watched by him.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Well it appears that this movie will be shown on another station besides HD movies sometime in May so I may be able to check it out for myself.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Cheyenne Autumn was shown on AMC this morning. I put it om my DVR and after the first hour, Chester seems to be right. Is it me, or is Richard Widmark trying to act like John Wayne. I mean he seems to have the pause between his words and sentences. And poor ol' Patrick Wayne. Just like Chester says, he is inexperienced and so far seems to be catching hell from Widmark.

Stay thirsty my friends.