To EJ Green and anyone who loves classic movies like we do.

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,740 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hey EJ, not sure if you know of these being released or not but ill list them along with several I know you already know about.

Anyway, release dates to classic movies I am waiting for are:
    March 27th: Errol Flynn Collection Nr2.

April 24th:

Fixed bayonets.
    The Fighting 69th.

May 15th:

Tex Avery's Droopy--Complete Theatrical Release.

May 27th:

Ball of Fire.
    Unconquored.

May 29th:

Allegheny Uprising.
    Big Jim McLain.

Here's the ones I am not aware that if you know about already or not but:

June 5th:

36 Hours w/ James Garner. A most excellent movie.

Hell To Eternity w/ Jeffrey Hunter, Vic Damone and George Takai. Another great.

Thirty Seconds over Tokyo w/ Tracy and Johnson. About darn time its released!

EJ, here are soem I'd like to bring to your attention that NEEDS to be released on DvD.

A Time To Love and A Time To Die w/ John Gavin, Erich Maria Remarque and Lilo Pulver.

Target Zero w/ Charles Bronson.

Darby's Rangers w/ James GArner.

Prisoner of War w/ Ronald Reagan and Steve Forrest.

Desperate Journey w/ Errol Flynn, Ronald Reagan and Alan Hale Sr.

Hannible Brooks w/ Oliver Reed, James Donald, Wolfgang Priess, Til Kiwi, Helmut Lohner amd Michael J. Pollard.

Merrills Marauders w/ Jeff Chandler and Claude Akins.

Red Ball Express w/ Jeff Chandler and Charles Drake.

Pillars in the Sky w/ Jeff Chandler and Ward Bond.

The Savage w/ Charlton heston.

55 Days At Peking w/ Charlton Heston and David Niven.

Counterpoint w/ Charlton Heston and Maximilian Schell.

That's all the necessary ones I can think of at this time.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I have the 4 set Tex Avery that was released in France. It would be interesting to see what the titles are going to be. Some are now considered politically incorrect and are banned.

Mike

• Hi Ringo,
    I was also waiting for second Errol Flynn collection. Unfortunatly all the titels I have on VHS - nothing new. So I'm not sure that I will buy it, but I'm waiting thet you will write the review on all titles as you did with EF collection #1.
    Regards,
    Vera

• Hi E.J, thanks for these links, ill use them in my searches fro movies I want. I found several more listed that I did not know were on their way to my collection--eventually ;-D Such as: The Adventures of Marco Polo w/ Gary Cooper. Pirates of the golden age collection (four movies) Purple Heart w/ Dana Andrews (saw it once and it was pretty good) Tonight they raid calais (I want this one mainly because John Banner is in it (aka) Sgt Schultz on Hogan's Heroes) Oh and I see a good Glenn Ford movie is making its way to DvD ina "Classic Western Round-up vol 2. The movie is: The Man From the Alamo."

A couple of others that NEED to be on DvD are: Hotel Berlin w/ Alan Hale Sr, and The Secret Kingdom w/ Gerald S. O'Laughlin (of) The Rookies fame.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

GT, will do. Im a big fan of the Droopy cartoons. "You know what? I'm happy." :(
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senta, i'll be glad to give you a review of the movies in Errol Flynn's Signature Collection vol 1. I'll try to do that tomorrow as I don't have time tonight.

• Tex Avery's cartoons were by far the funniest cartoons I have ever seen. Just imagine a little kid's surprise that the first cartoon burp he ever heard came from an Avery cartoon. I became an instant fan and still watch them every chance I get.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Hi GT, Senta,

Senta, I don't have time to start the reviews deal today but will set some time aside to do them tomorrow. I got here late do to running some errands.

GT, Tex Averys cartoons are also some of my favorite. They are only beat out by the Fleischer Superman cartoons. A close third are the classic Tom and Jerry cartoons.

Bugs Bunny, whos Bugs Bunny? ;-D