Random Observations

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 342,136 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Stumpy, You are into this Type of Thing, Try This One On For Size !!!

Who's Michael Savage, Bill? Never heard of him but he sure sounds like my kind of man (except for the Yankee dialect :wink:. Which is really surprising because most Yankees are liberals and big fans of the Obambites.)

Anyway, I've been a student of government and politics for 50 years and have heard of hardly any lawsuits against government succeeding. They got us by the short hairs, Bill, and the bast---s know it.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Mike Savage is one of the Talk Radio People and is a Imported Yankee I think From The West Coast but is Very Well Liked here in the High Country over by The 26 Ranch, where it is Very Hard to Get any Thing but the Local Radio Stations !
    :embaressed_smile:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• Id go broke making enough ammo to shoot one of those bill, but i can put one where it counts most the time. Way primers and powder is dissappearing im stuck with one shot, one kill shooting. But i have enough made for quite awhile just the same. I have as much fun blasting rocks at long range with everything from long range target rifles to old 45-70s. A friend and i in our free time have a range set up in his pasture with big rocks at hundred yard increments up to 800 yards and we use all of them. We spot for each other and take turns shooting. Due to lack of small rifle primers the AR 15s are in the closet in order to conserve ammo and the 30'06s, 308s, 45-70s and mausers are getting a good work out these days. Every once in awhile we take out the 50BMG, you aint shot a gun till you've shot one of those. Effective well upto a mile while still able to penetrate a engine block.

Edited 2 times, last by FarmerSteve ().

• Has anyone else on the board explored this story? It's fascinating, and charming.

For weeks I've noticed, in passing, the name of Susan Boyle in huge numbers of news stories, and thought little of it. But her name was getting so much media attention that I finally decided to devote more attention myself and it's worth your time to find out for yourself the story behind this lady.

Last night I went on YouTube and watched the video of Susan singing on the British equivalent of American Idol (or whatever it's called) and she has an extraordinarily beautiful singing voice. She'll never win any beauty contests for looks, that's for sure, but her voice more than makes up for it.

I got a big kick out of watching the transformation in the attitudes of those in not only the audience but the condescending jerks who were acting as judges on the British show. When Susan came out to do her number, they quite obviously looked down on her, sneered and figured she'd fall flat on her face in the talent contest. But by the end, not only the audience but two of the judges themselves gave her a standing ovation for her performance.

I tried to post the video of Susan's performance in our YouTube thread but it was blocked so you'll have to go on the YouTube website to watch it yourself.

• That Lady Singer Susan Boyle from the U.K. is About As Good As You Can Get !!
    :teeth_smile:
    It Takes me back some 60 Years Ago and Another Lady that Became One Of The Biggest Singing Stars of The 1930s and Stay that way for 40 Years, "Kate Smith" and Not Because of Her Looks, But Because of Her God Given Voice !!!
    :wink_smile:
    Bill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• I've seen Susan Boyle all over the tv this last week also and all I can say is WOW...have heard her sing a couple of other numbers and she is just amazing. Your right she won't win any beauty contests for looks but her personality and voice outshine everything else.

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• It looks like Janet Napolitano The Dike X-Gov. from Arizona that Is Now The Head Of The Homeland Security, Has AS My Old Texas Grandmother Would Always Say,That She Has Really Got Her T - - Caught in The Wringer This Time , and Now there is a Move To Get Her Out Of Washington !!
    :teeth_smile:
    But Please Don't Send Her Back To Arizona !!!
    :vomit:
    Chilibill

• I was impressed, very good singer. Even brought a tear to my eye......and that is tough for this testosterone laden guy like me :)

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• The new unoccupied prison in Hardin MT is trying to get a contract to take GTMO prisoners in. I doubt it goes thru and I dont really care to have them here as im sure anyone without financial ties to the poorly planned financial disaster prison wouldnt. Just something that probably wont make the news, and probably wont happen anyways hopefully. Especially sense Obama would probably turn them loose on good behavior and give them citizenship. Guess we could use them in coal mines for blasting (dynamite attached naturally :teeth_smile:).

Edited once, last by FarmerSteve ().

• I loved this line in the article Stumpy probably the one your talking about i take it.

"Lastly, what in the heck is Perez doing judging gorgeous women anyway? You have your queens. Leave ours the hell alone. "

• I loved this line in the article Stumpy probably the one your talking about i take it.

"Lastly, what in the heck is Perez doing judging gorgeous women anyway? You have your queens. Leave ours the hell alone. "

Yep, that was one of the lines I liked best.

• Oh dear not the pig flu! doesnt sound to scary to me. Im sure that alot of this stuff was always around in the old days to and never was diagnosed find it hard to believe that new disease just come out of nowhere. Of course do to all this wonderful globalization we have now these things probably spread easier. Hopefully it only affects liberals swines right up there alley in comparisons.

• Just yesterday, my daughter's friend was in the back seat of the car and pointed to something and asked my daughter, "What's that?"

The answer was, "Oh, you use that to open the window."

The child had never seen a window crank!! She's apparently never been in a car that didn't have automatic windows (she's 9 years old).

Then, last night, I stumbled upon this article, Disappearing Automotive Features. Yikes, I feel like a dinosaur!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Dont feel like a dinosaur I still have half them features in my vehicles that they dont have anymore. Theres a good reason why i dont buy anything new. One thing they didnt mention is cars made out of STEEL, not these plastic lego cars. Cars that actually had 375 HP and not this new rediculous horse power rating method that they had to come with to make there engines sound powerful. Im only 26 and I'll just keep rebuilding my old pickups till theres no parts left. I ll have those features that have disappeared for quite awhile.