Random Observations

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 340,227 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• That was a tremendous tragedy that struck Japan. I pray for the Japanese people to recover. At least our friend and fellow board member Taka and his family are safe.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• These pictures show the scale of devastation in northeastern Japan. Move your cursor from right to left over the photos to see the before and after images. It appears that most of the small cities lining the northeastern coast were wiped from the map. It will probably take years for Japan to recover from this disaster.

Hate to sound pessimistic but IMO, it's only a matter of time before the same thing happens on the eastern edge of the Pacific's "Ring of Fire". And I doubt very seriously if the folks in California, Oregon and Washington will be as prepared as the Japanese reportedly were.

• That was a tremendous tragedy that struck Japan. I pray for the Japanese people to recover. At least our friend and fellow board member Taka and his family are safe.

Stumpy!
    I second those comments.
    We call pray to God to keep us safe. And many milliones of people pray to many different Gods, or different believes in worship to the same God. And their are good people who don't beleive in any god. All I,am trying to say is we have try to live life as best we can.We have no idea when or were or how we end this life. All we can do is treat all people and this planet the way we like to be treated.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• You know the message from the media right now in Japan is not the earthquake, but the nuclear plants and the danger they pose. They are more into the fact that the Japanese needs to get rid of them because they (the liberals) don't want anyone to have them. They are actually calling all nations to close them down and do without electricity. These people are relentless. The libs live in the middle of nuclear plants around them and don't talk about closing theirs down. The northeast of the US is mainly nuclear and the pacific west is 75% nuclear. They are power hungry as far as I can see. You Libs stop politicizing tragedy. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• You know the message from the media right now in Japan is not the earthquake, but the nuclear plants and the danger they pose. They are more into the fact that the Japanese needs to get rid of them because they (the liberals) don't want anyone to have them. They are actually calling all nations to close them down and do without electricity. These people are relentless. The libs live in the middle of nuclear plants around them and don't talk about closing theirs down. The northeast of the US is mainly nuclear and the pacific west is 75% nuclear. They are power hungry as far as I can see. You Libs stop politicizing tragedy. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Mike,
    IMO, the freakin' environuts and their enablers will never be happy until we're all living in caves again.

• Pictures and videos of the quake/tsunami-wrought destruction in Japan cause extreme distress and sympathy for those poor people who were subjected to such disaster. I hope and pray they're able to eventually recover from the blow.

Each day seems to bring even worse news which is why this particular story brings heartfelt thankfulness and joy for what has to be a true miracle. I give thanks to the Man upstairs, who in His infinite goodness and wisdom saw fit to spare this innocent little darling and her father from further tragedy. I hope she lives forever.

• This is such an overwhelming disaster for the Japanese nation - it just boggles the mind.:yeaahh:
    Our West Coast is the most susceptable in this country and this event will stir a major effort to improve the infrastructure of the area. Unfortunately, I fear, as months and even years pass, the human consciousness will blunt the intensity in these efforts and slack off the activity in this direction!:sad_smile::fear:
    The images from the area simply are beyond belief. My heart goes out to all the disenfranchised there. I can't see how the Japanese will rise out of this disaster but they did it after WWII so it is possible. I wish them strength and perserverance through their ordeal.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Mike,
    IMO, the freakin' environuts and their enablers will never be happy until we're all living in caves again.

You are absolutley wrong, Jim! They want us out in the fields grazing like cows so they can shoot us down and have their jollies. These people don't want our existance at all, PERIOD! Sorry. These people want everything and nothing for anybody else, and the caves are just too good for us and they want that too!

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• This is such an overwhelming disaster for the Japanese nation - it just boggles the mind.:yeaahh:
    Our West Coast is the most susceptable in this country and this event will stir a major effort to improve the infrastructure of the area. Unfortunately, I fear, as months and even years pass, the human consciousness will blunt the intensity in these efforts and slack off the activity in this direction!:sad_smile::fear:
    The images from the area simply are beyond belief. My heart goes out to all the disenfranchised there. I can't see how the Japanese will rise out of this disaster but they did it after WWII so it is possible. I wish them strength and perserverance through their ordeal.

Jay, I will bet you that they wiil not only survive this diaster, but they will rebuild and have things back to normal before ground zero in New York is done, and the all the rebuilding from Katrina in New Orleans. You wanna bet?

- John Wayne quote

• Jay, I will bet you that they wiil not only survive this diaster, but they will rebuild and have things back to normal before ground zero in New York is done, and the all the rebuilding from Katrina in New Orleans. You wanna bet?

NO BET!!! I don't give my money away that easily!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• You know, I have nothing but compassion and a vast sympathy for the plight of the Japanese people but when you stop and think about it, it's really not too bright building nuclear power plants in geographical locations that are so susceptible to earthquakes.

I can certainly understand the rationale behind wanting to lessen dependence on foreign oil and/or other carbon-based materials for generating electrical power but the Japanese disaster has made plain the risks involved in depending on uranium for that alternative.

You'd think that after Hiroshima and Nagasaki the folks in Japan would never have wanted anything to do with nukes ever again.

• If Ann's claims are true, it just goes to show that once again, the "mainstream" news media pukes don't know what the hell they're talking about. And that, as FDR said, "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself".

• Pictures and videos of the quake/tsunami-wrought destruction in Japan cause extreme distress and sympathy for those poor people who were subjected to such disaster. I hope and pray they're able to eventually recover from the blow.

Each day seems to bring even worse news which is why this particular story brings heartfelt thankfulness and joy for what has to be a true miracle. I give thanks to the Man upstairs, who in His infinite goodness and wisdom saw fit to spare this innocent little darling and her father from further tragedy. I hope she lives forever.

Today is seven days after 311,big quake and tsunami.
    The area where i live has hardly fortunately received the quake damage .
    However,there is still a premeditated electric power failure,more over,the lack
    such as Gasoline,Kerosene and Food etc...is caused.
    The thing that worried is happening any more. it is damage of the Nuclear plant by tsunami.Japan Self Defense Forces and the electric power company are trying desperately in the diffusion prevention of the radioactivity,and
    It is not except praying that the effort succeed.
    It is strongly hoped that Japan can also surely revive from this disaster like
    the U.S. recovered from the tragedy of 911.

regards,
    Taka

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~