Random Observations

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 344,256 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• It seems to me that during the past year or so, there has been an unusually large number of these types of events. Makes one wonder if Old Mother Earth is trying to tell us something.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• It seems to me that during the past year or so, there has been an unusually large number of these types of events. Makes one wonder if Old Mother Earth is trying to tell us something.

I believe we are to expect these to happen. The Scriptures speak of this in Zechariah 14:5,Matthew 24:7,Mark 13:8,and Luke 21:11. Earthquakes under the sea caused the tsunami. Earthquakes are increasing each year worldwide this century.

• I believe we are to expect these to happen. The Scriptures speak of this in Zechariah 14:5,Matthew 24:7,Mark 13:8,and Luke 21:11. Earthquakes under the sea caused the tsunami. Earthquakes are increasing each year worldwide this century.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it ain't mother earth trying to tell us something, it's God, and He's already told us!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• the realization that this threat is undetectable by conventional security is downright scary!

Mrs. C :angel1:

Not to me Sue, because I don't intend to get within 10 miles of a Muslim if I can help it. I know it's politically incorrect but I "profile" the heck out of people. :teeth_smile:

• I just want to express a deep sense of gratitude to Keith Law, otherwise known as ethanedwards, for the tremendous amount of work he's poured into improving this board for all its' members. I think few other people connected with the forum have contributed as much effort at improving our knowledge of every single aspect of the John Wayne saga as Keith.
    Thank you, Keith
    Jim from Texas

• I just want to express a deep sense of gratitude to Keith Law, otherwise known as ethanedwards, for the tremendous amount of work he's poured into improving this board for all its' members. I think few other people connected with the forum have contributed as much effort at improving our knowledge of every single aspect of the John Wayne saga as Keith.
    Thank you, Keith
    Jim from Texas

Here, here! We second that, and offer Keith our thanks as well, for his thousands of hours compiling and formatting the information, and continuously watching for ways to keep things organized around here. And on top of that, he's a fun guy!

Jim and Sue from California

Thank you, Keith
    Jim from Texas

I agree whole-heartedly! Keith has done a tremendous job here in creating and maintaining the very BEST John Wayne message board. And let's not forget our tireless moderators as well. Without Keith and Mods, where would we be?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• I agree whole-heartedly! Keith has done a tremendous job here in creating and maintaining the very BEST John Wayne message board. And let's not forget our tireless moderators as well. Without Keith and Mods, where would we be?

Hey Bob, Keith is a moderator. :teeth_smile:

• Hey Bob, Keith is a moderator. :teeth_smile:

Well, you know what I mean!

• Keith has done a tremendous job here in creating and maintaining the very BEST John Wayne message board. And let's not forget our tireless moderators as well. Without Keith and Mods, where would we be?

Hey Bob, Keith is a moderator. :teeth_smile:

Well, you know what I mean!

Hey . . . Keith . . . Kevin . . . pretty close . . . an understandable mis-speak (or mis-type).

Kevin has done a great job in his creation of this site, and Keith has done a great job with all the movie and people posts (Duke Movie Reviews and Pals of the Saddle), with a massive amount of information in each. It is a wonderful team effort, and I for one am proud to be a member of the moderating team, but equally proud to be a member of this 'team' of fans, many of whom contribute more valuable and interesting information, making this the best John Wayne site on the Internet bar none, IMHO.

Chester :newyear:

• Thanks so much for your comments all of my friends,
    I've only just checked into this thread,
    and didn't realise I was part of the conversation!!

Thanks Stumpy Jim for your remarks,
    and also those of Jim, Sue, and Bob.

When I look back, a couple of years ago, and Chester Jim,
    mentioned, that the board required organizing,particually
    the movies, which were becoming increasingly fragmented,
    I decided to take on the role.
    I remember Kevin made me the Movie Reviews Mod,
    so I could get on with the task, and have freedom
    to organize, move and generally tidy up the mutitude of threads.

We've come a long way since then, and as Chester says
    after thousands of hours of work, we got there.
    Indeed, it's much easier now, as any 'rogue' thread,
    can be easily moved to it's dedicated one.

I think our board is the best of it's kind, as all matters JW,
    can be found under our roof.

I can only thank, Kevin, Jim and Sue,
    and friends like Jim and Bob,
    and all the members.
    for making it all so worthwhile.

Hope to remain a 'fun guy'

Thank you.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Who are your least favorite "Americans"?

Almost all politicians and lawyers, with Democratic politicians at the head of the list. Among Republicans, I'd say that both ex-presidents named Bush are right behind the Dems.

Michael Moore
    Barbra Streisand
    Madonna
    Whoopi Goldberg
    Sean Penn

That'll have to do for now but I reserve the right to add to this list when the old memory cells get fired up. Also, after awhile, I'll name my favorite Americans.

• Hi Stumpy, Jay, dittos on all the ones you all mentioned. Ill also include, Jethrobama Bodine, his wife, joe "Teeth" biden, al "Bush stole the election" gore, john kerry, slick willy clinton and its wife, van jones, al franken, gloria allred (SP?) and a few others whose names escape me at this time. Oh and, ALL of Obama-Lama-Ding-Dongs Czars.

jesse jackson and al sharpton are two more I cant stand.

One year almost down and three looooonnnnnnggggg ones still to survive.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Also, after awhile, I'll name my favorite (living) Americans.

Most members of the military services.
    Republican Senators Tom Coburn and Jim DeMint.
    Most doctors.
    Generally speaking, most cops and firemen, many of whom risk their lives daily protecting the rest of us.
    Clint Eastwood
    Kelsey Grammer
    Most members of this board.

I'll add to this list as memory serves.