Random Observations

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 340,183 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Anybody have any ideas about how the Middle East unrest may impact the Western world?

The only thing I'm afraid of is that we might end up with five or six Iran clones. That would definitely spell trouble for those of us who aren't fans of the Islamic way of life.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• The discussion on Glenn Beck today was concerned with costs of gasoline - going up to $4, $5 and even $6 and beyond. And all that extra money will go right back to the pockets in the Middle East!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• The discussion on Glenn Beck today was concerned with costs of gasoline - going up to $4, $5 and even $6 and beyond. And all that extra money will go right back to the pockets in the Middle East!

Our cousins across the big pond already pay that, and more, for their fuel, Jay. Can you imagine what they'll pay if we're paying what you mentioned?

• What I don't understand is why did the SpecOps forces wait so long to board the pirated vessel? I've been reading for almost a week that a US warship (which I'm sure was carrying the SEALS) had been trailing the yacht.

Possibly they could have saved the hostages if they had assaulted the yacht earlier.

• What I don't understand is why did the SpecOps forces wait so long to board the pirated vessel? I've been reading for almost a week that a US warship (which I'm sure was carrying the SEALS) had been trailing the yacht.
    Possibly they could have saved the hostages if they had assaulted the yacht earlier.

The word on the news today was that they had to wait until Obama gave the OK!

"Not hardly!!!"

• Our cousins across the big pond already pay that, and more, for their fuel, Jay. Can you imagine what they'll pay if we're paying what you mentioned?

Speculation from various financial gurus included the thought that if gas reaches $5 here, it will cause a massive recession.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Speculation from various financial gurus included the thought that if gas reaches $5 here, it will cause a massive recession.

That only makes sense......If they would get it off the market it would have no reason to go up just because a camel farts half way across the world.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• What makes me mad is that when a barrel of oil goes up the price at the pump goes up immediately. That oil purchased at the higher price will not reach the refineries at the earliest over several weeks and more likely a few months. But the oil companies hike the price as if the higher-priced oil is here now!

"Not hardly!!!"

• i worked it out we pay just over US$5 a US gallon now if they put it up much more we could be paying nearly US$6

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• i worked it out we pay just over US$5 a US gallon now if they put it up much more we could be paying nearly US$6

I've been saying since the early 70's oil embargo that we need to develop alternative energy sources.

Jim, hold your breath,
    in the UK,
    it works out at $7.94 a US gallon,
    and in Greece
    where I just spent six weeks it is
    $8.88 a gallon.

Wait til you have to cope with those prices!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• When I have to cope with those prices, Keith, I'll get a horse or a bicycle.:laugh:

I can remember times in the late Forties and most of the Fifties when gasoline in the US was no more than 15 or 20 cents a gallon.

• I paid 29 cents a gallon in '69, and then it got bumped all the way up to 49 cents around '74 and I thought THAT was outragious!

• I paid 29 cents a gallon in '69, and then it got bumped all the way up to 49 cents around '74 and I thought THAT was outragious!

That was like cigarettes for me. I smoked a pack a day until 1971 when smokes cost 35 cents a pack. That's when I stopped smoking (cold turkey) to save $30 a month. I never figured that cigarettes would cost what they do today!

"Not hardly!!!"