Anyone here besides me watched or likes: The Rat Patrol?

There are 39 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 14,620 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• She quit acting after his death, I would imagine to spend more time with their 2 children. She remarried in 95, and lives in California.

Thank you!

So they had kids! Boy, girl, what? How are they doing, do you know?
    Did any of the kids go into acting? My heart goes out to all of them; George dying so young, though he bravely went on with his life, doing as his heart guided him, rather fearlessly right up until he died. There really isn't any other way to live, is there?! But for Lynda (does she spell her name with a "y"?) and their children to lose him like that! I hope they are all doing really well, bless them.

Kcat

• Im glad to see all this discussion about Christopher George and I had not known any of what was said about him and his family.

He sure was a great actor and I bet he is reading our postings about him.

Rest in Peace Chris.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Im glad to see all this discussion about Christopher George and I had not known any of what was said about him and his family.

He sure was a great actor and I bet he is reading our postings about him.

Rest in Peace Chris.

I agree! No doubt Christopher George and The Duke are having a high old time of it in Heaven! Like you mention here, I bet he somehow reads what we say here, too, and The Duke right along with him. That is, if they care to engage in such earthly things. Why not?

Kcat

• I agree! No doubt Christopher George and The Duke are having a high old time of it in Heaven! Like you mention here, I bet he somehow reads what we say here, too, and The Duke right along with him. That is, if they care to engage in such earthly things. Why not?

Kcat

Why not? is correct. And the answer is, is because were fans of theirs. I know it might sound silly but, when I was much younger, I often thought what "could be" if one thought about a deceased person that if while thinking about them, that person would somehow know you were doing so?

One of the last sermons I went to, this was discussed and the Preacher ended his sermon with letting one for their own opinion on what "might be."

• Why not? is correct. And the answer is, is because were fans of theirs. I know it might sound silly but, when I was much younger, I often thought what "could be" if one thought about a deceased person that if while thinking about them, that person would somehow know you were doing so?

One of the last sermons I went to, this was discussed and the Preacher ended his sermon with letting one for their own opinion on what "might be."

Yes, I do believe life is eternal. I remember something that happened a few years ago. I had finished reading The Duke's daughter's book "John Wayne, My Father" by Aissa Wayne.

I'm not a religious person, but I am spiritual, and I had the strongest impression The Duke wanted prayers for his daughter. I promptly said them, and then wrote her a little note congratulating her on her book and wishing her well. I told her what I experienced and said I had put her first name on prayer lines, and I hoped this was okay with her. I guess it was as she remained silent, but I can tell you, I honestly felt The Duke is very concerned for her and all his family and he seems to want people to include them in our prayers when it feels appropriate.

I also had the impression that The Duke is well and fine and strong and healthy in Heaven.

Kcat

• Well said. And this is sorta similar to what that Preacher said in his sermon. :thumbs_up:

Im not highly religious either but I do say my nightly prayers and do ask for forgiveness for any sins I managed to do-during the day.

• I used to watch it years ago and occasionally when it's on TV but not enough to buy the DVD's. It just wasn't made that well for my taste.

• The only two reasons why I don't buy the 2nd season, well three reasons if you count that I can't afford it, are: I gave the first season away to a lonely soul living in Backwash, Georgia - who almost never has time for anything because he is still helping the law, try to track down ROBERT MITCHUM who escaped from a Georgia Chaingang; back in the 1930's. :teeth_smile: I don't think I need to list the 2nd reason for me not buying the 2nd season. :wink_smile:

• Backwash??????See.. I don't live nowhere near Backwash...Where is Backwash by the way?????

It's very close to Harlem :teeth_smile: or that other little town by where you planted your home in :teeth_smile:

• You been talking to Cindy ain't ya????? Well I don't live nowhere near no Harlem and you never will learn where I live...AAAAAAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAHAAA

Stay thirsty my friends.

• You been talking to Cindy ain't ya????? Well I don't live nowhere near no Harlem and you never will learn where I live...AAAAAAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAHAAA

Cindy lives in Neuschwanstein Castle ;-D in Bavaria. :teeth_smile:

Okay, I meant to say, how about in Hazzard County? :teeth_smile:

Oh and, to keep this thread on topic, did you decide yet to buy season two of The Rat Patrol? :wink_smile:

• Hadn't made up my mind yet, but since I have the first season, I'd hate to let the second and last season pass me by so I probably will, just not right now.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• :thumbs_up: Sehr gut. :teeth_smile: Im that way as well-but with other series im still collecting. I need to work on completing Daniel Boone and COMBAT.

• I loved that show, I even went so far as to construct a wooden machine gun and mount it on my wagon. Darn near killed myself. Ah, those were the days. Young, stupid and not a care in the world, it's a wonder most of us ever survived childhood.

This is the one thing that I remember as impressing me from this show, The stars racing around in jeeps with their 50 cal machine guns a'blazing.
    For some reason, mounting a machine gun on a jeep sort of interests young men.:shades_smile:

Chester :newyear:

• Mounting a .50 cal in a Jeep would not work too well. Notice how far they had to lean backwards when behind the machinegun and firing it? Those butterfly grips would not take that kind of strain either. Now as for WWII era MGs, that jeep could mount a .30 cal no problem. Now had this show let them have the British version of the jeep-called: The Pink Panther) the .50 cals and twin Lewis guns would be the norm. :teeth_smile:

One thing that I disliked from the giddyup was when they had these men armed with the German M-32 Irma SMGs. These guys should have had Thompson .45's and Colt .45's as sidearms. But then again, what can one expect from hollywood :glare:

• Thanks Jim/Sue.

Wait till I have time to post about the movie: Flyboys :teeth_smile:

And in all fairness, that was a (Flyboy's) darn good movie. I only detected a few flaws with my untrained eye. :wink_smile: