Good By Lady Bird

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,077 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Lady Bird Johnson Past Away To Day at The Age of 94.

I know that Most of you Young People do not know much about Lady Bird and President L.B.J. but in the 1970s when My Wife Martha and I were doing the Cook Book "Chili, Chile, Chilli, Chille" we Flew into L.B.J.s Pedernales Ranch Air Strip in Texas to get Lady Bird Johnson's Permission to use Her Pedernales Chili Recipe in the New Chili Cook Book.
    :hyper:
    She was a Tough Old Texas Gal and a Lot of Fun to Talk To and She Told Us A Lot About President L.B.J. and His Love Of Texas and Her Chili.
    :teeth_smile:

For a Little More Info. on Lady Bird"s Pedernales Chili You can Go To
    http://www.ranch26bar.com/LADYBIRD.html

GOOD BY LADY BIRD !

Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Rest in Peace Ladybird Johnson.

About 20 years ago, I went on a tour of her ranch located near Johnson City. First time I ever knowingly met some G-Men.:wink_smile: This place was located next to a river and almost the entire property neat the house was shaded from direct sunlight by the big old stately trees that are everywhere--always a nice breeze blowing through. I would love to live on a place such as this.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• It is a sad day, but she lived a good life. When her mother died when Lady Bird was a girl, her father sent her to Alabama to stay with some family. She actually stay in Autauga County with her family way back when. That is the county I live in. My next door neighbor who is 87 years old use to do her hair when she came to town in the past. I never met the lady myself, but that is what I am told. She is a tough cookie but also a lady.

R.I.P. Lady Bird Johnson

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I mean this with the greatest respect, she was a pretty nifty old broad. I can still see Lyndon in my mind with his glasses down on the end of his nose addressing the the "Ma Fella Amercans". He was probably the last really interesting President we had, very quotable, as you can see.

Only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. One is to let her think she is having her own way, and the other is to let her have it.

Presidents quickly realize that while a single act might destroy the world they live in, no one single decision can make life suddenly better or can turn history around for the good.

The guns and bombs, the rockets and the warships, all are symbols of human failure.

There are no favorites in my office. I treat them all with the same general inconsideration.

"John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor,John Wayne is the United States of America."

• I had no idea she was still alive. I'm sorry to find out she just passed away. I was a wee one when She and her husband occupied the Whitehouse, so I don't really know too much about her. But with a name like Lady Bird, I knew who she was without hearing a last name. May she rest in peace.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "