Anyone here watching Le Tour de France races?

There are 141 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 31,156 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• While we were watching the look-back yesterday we were discussing which rider was our all-time favourite.I decided on Bernard Hinault.Even used to have a picture of him in my bedroom :yeaahh: He was known to be a bit grumpy but I didn't care back then :wink_smile: he finished his career in 1987.I know he won his last tour in '85 and the next year he came across Laurent Fignon and the year after that the fantastic Greg LeMond(another favourite)
    Here's a pic

• Contador, Evans and Leipheimer finished one, two, three in that order in Paris to finish the Tour. Hopefully, all the controversy will not deter the future of cycling, which is a very exciting sport to my mind.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hey Moonshine.S. do you have any pics of Lance Armstrong?

All I can say about the race this year is that for the first time in over 30 years, I actually enjoyed sitting down and watching a sport on TV. :thumbs_up: I have not been so enthusiastic about watching any sport in many a year.

Also, does anyone have any pictures of those crash-pile-ups and the crashes caused by those two Dogs? :yeaahh:

Boy, I can hardly wait for the next TdF.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• There is a "Tour de California" scheduled for February that Versus announced it would carry. There were a number of other cycling events mentioned in passing during the "Tour de France," but no specifics were given as to dates or coverage.
    As for the coverage of the "Tour," I specially enjoyed Al Trautwig and Bob Roll as commentators as well as Paul Sherwen and Phil Liggett.

"Not hardly!!!"

• The very first Tour de France was in 1903 with a total of 2428 km.The winner was Maurice Garin and he had a speed average of 25,679 km an hour.They had no back up and if they had any damage to their bikes they had to fix it themselves!Here's a pic

• Sally - On our telecast here in the States, during the 20th Stage, they interviewed Eddy Merckx and had some commentary by him.
    They had Lance Armstrong on as well.

"Not hardly!!!"