Anyone here watching Le Tour de France races?

There are 141 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 31,060 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thanks for showing these pics. :thumbs_up: Also, Antwerp is a nice city, I could handle riding through there.:wink_smile:

If you can, please keep me informed on other races you know about. We don't get hardly any news or any-on other races. :glare:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thanks for showing these pics. :thumbs_up: Also, Antwerp is a nice city, I could handle riding through there.:wink_smile:

If you can, please keep me informed on other races you know about. We don't get hardly any news or any-on other races. :glare:

I'll keep you informed :teeth_smile:

Rasmussen has been banned in Sweden I heard.My dad told me something about it but I have not read any articles yet,will do tomorrow when I visit my parents.The Discovery team has ceased to excist-also must read about that.Johan Bruyneel (the teamleader) is leaving the bycycle world all together.

• Thank you Moonshine.S, i'll be looking forward to your updates. :wink_smile:

(SIGH) I wonder why Rasmussen messed up like he did? I think he would have won the Tour this year. What a waste of talent. I wonder if he will now have to flip burgers in order to make a living?

I wonder why the Discovery team disbanded? Those guys were on top of the world. Do you have anymore info on why they no longer are a team? I had not heard anything about it in the news (so what's new?)

• Our paper had a story on this today. It's a shame that the most successful team sponsor (Discovery) in cycling in recent years is removing it's sponsorship. Unfortunately, the team has been unsuccessful in picking up another sponsor.:cry2:
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Except for the "Tour de France," there is very little notice of any of the other cycling events in my area. It might be different in some other areas of the U.S., but I figure that this sport is one that is much more popular in Europe.
    In a way, this seems like the same situation with soccer (or football as it is known in other parts of the world). When my family was stationed in Frankfurt am Main in the mid-50s, I learned and played soccer with a lot of zest and spirit. When we returned to the States, no one knew what the game was and most hadn't even heard of it. Now, most high schools have a soccer team and even the professional groups are trying to get interest fired up around here.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Same here Jay. I played Soccer for two years. As I recall, our team colors (for both teams) was Red & White and the team names were: Tornado's & the Celtics - (respectively) pronounced keltics-and not the same as the pro sports team.

Strangely enough, I played Baseball for two years and both team colors were also red & white. The teams were: the Bulldogs & the Indians.

The red & white stopped when I played Football. The colors were Green and Gold, and I can't remember this teams name. :yeaahh: I THINK this teams name was the: Mavericks? but I am not 100% sure?

Anyway, back to Bicycle racing. I'm counting down the weeks for next years Tours.

• Vuelta
    It is the last week of the Vuelta already and I have not seen much of it.As for the endresult so far:1.Denis MENCHOV(Rabobank);2.Vladimir Efimkim at 2'01;3.Cadel Evans 2'27.On sunday they will arrive in Madrid.

Tour of Missouri
    The Cuban Ivan Dominguez won the 6th and final lap of the Tour of Missouri,a lap over 119 km finishing in St. Louis.Dominguez beat the Canadians Andrew Pinfold and Dominique Rollin in the sprint.Winner of the TOM was George Hincapie(you go George!!)

Stutgart 2007 UCI Road World Championships
    Starts next week wednesday 26th september untill sunday 30th september.I'll keep you up to date if you like.I only know so far the Belgian team ,with Tom Boonen as a big maybe as he took a nasty fall in the Vuelta and broke some ribs,and the dutch team.

Landis
    He will know by the end of this week if and how he will be punished for doping in the Tour de France last year.

Tour of Great Britain
    Paul Manning won last saturday the 6th and final lap of the tour of Great Britain.A lap that went from Humfries to Glasgow over 156,5 km.
    Endresult:1.Romain Feillu(Agritubel);2.Adrian Palomares;3.Luke Roberts

I must say that the Australians are doing fine.Number 3 in the Vuelta and here as well!

Tour of the future
    These are all riders that hope to come out in a proffesional team next year.
    End result after 10 laps:1.Bauke Mollema(holland);2.Tony Martin(Germany);3.André Steensen(Denmark)

American Craig Lewis was 7th so it's maybe a good thing to keep an eye out for him!

• :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: MoonshineS. thanks for all this extra news on the bicycle races. The months are counting down for the ToCalif. And I can't wait to see it.

• I heard on the news today that the decision came down against him. That's a shame!

I don't trust their opinion because of the lie that they tried to place on Lance Armstrong on his last Tour. Had that not happened, i'd be inclined to believe them about Floyd Landis - but I do not believe it. :glare:

• This has nothing to do with the Tour de France but as this is the cycling topic I place this here.

It's winter and that means we have here in this part of the world the season of cyclo-cross. By far this is my favourite sport and I love to go on saturday's and sunday's to see the riders. If it's too long a drive I stay home and watch it on the telly. Best of all is when it has rained a lot the previous week and it's very muddy. Even better is it when the weather is real bad on the day, even with loads of rain and "hopefully" snow. My favourite is Bart Wellens (see my avatar) but the bloke winning just about everything is Sven Nijs. A new young bloke coming up is Niels Albert and from Holland there's Lars Boom. Great sport to watch extremely popular here. We have a few American riders this season but Sven Nijs is unbeatable at the moment and most of the time we do not see them in the top 10.

• Hi MoonshineS thanks for your info on these other races. That kinda makes waiting for the next TdF a bit shorter in a way. ;-))

• Today it was the official start of the new cycling season with "Omloop Het Volk" (or should we say Ghent-Ghent) Great race to watch (saw the last 70 kms) many riders took a nasty fall and none of the favourites came into view! Very good race for one American I think he was named Friedman (must check again) never heard of him before but was in top 15 so good on him!
    1- GILBERT
    2- NUYENS
    3- Hushovd(Norway)
    4- Krivtsov(Ukraine)
    5- Kuschinski (Bella Russe)
    6- Jalabert (France)
    7- HOSTE
    8- Johansen (Denmark)
    9- KUYCKX
    10- Gérard (France)

Tomorrow it's Kuurne- Brussels- Kuurne another spring classic.

• Another afternoon in front of the TV to watch Kuurne- Brussels- Kuurne. Saw the last 80 kms and it was not so spectacular as yesterday although several riders took a nasty fall and 3 of them had to be taken to hospital. Not so good in the beginning of the season. The top 10 of today:
    1- De Jongh (Netherlands)
    2- Langeveld (Netherlands)
    3- Goss (Australia)
    4- BOONEN
    5- Franzoi (Italy)
    6- Bozic
    7- Traksel (Netherlands)
    8- Kroon (Netherlands)
    9- Jalabert (France)
    10- AMORISON

• Thanks Sally. Also, I was only able to catch just a little bit of the Tour of Calif races. This year though I hope to be able to catch all of the Le Tour de France.