Anyone here watching Le Tour de France races?

There are 141 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 31,059 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Is anyone watching the GIRO? There is only a week of the race left and it's been fab up to now. Yesterday and today they have been back in the mountains, riding through the snow so to speak and plenty of rain. Tomorrow its a individual climbing time race and I'm glad that I don't have to work in the afternoon so I can watch.

Also brings a smile to my face that this belgian bloke is there again, He is always carrying a HUGE umbrella in the Belgian colours and his name on top, there is no race that you can watch when he is not there,

• Apparently there was something on the Versus Channel earlier today involving cycling, but no further details. I bet that was it, but I wasn't aware of it. The rest of the day will be devoted to "Bull Riding" - no repeats are scheduled of the cycling as far as I can tell for today!:glare:
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• I've seen bits and pieces of that race as well as the Tour of Calif/ but never had enough time to really get into it. I hope that during my move to Houston, that I don't miss too much of the TdF races.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The 2008 "Tour de France" starts Saturday, July 6, and I, for one, am looking forward to it.:hyper: It's a shame there is so much squabbling going on between the head of the "Tour" and the heads of the international organization plus the drug controversy.:headbonk: Hopefully all these contentious concerns will be overcome this year.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Today is the start so don't miss it.....do you get most of it live on your tv or is it just a mix of what has happend during the day? What with your time difference ofcourse it might be difficult to watch it live...

• The Versus Channel airs it live early in the morning here starting no later than 7 a.m.. But I think they repeat twice the rest of the day, once in the afternoon and again during prime time.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Cavendish won again today in a sprint.He certainly is the fastest man on 2 wheels at the moment. I saw him win in a race, not far from here, in april and he came from nowhere. Great to see him win then and great to see him winning 3 etappes this tour. Too bad about Beltran, Ricco and the other one but I forgot his name now. They should've been smarter.

• Thanks to the move and plans for surgery, I have only seen bits and pieces again. I heard that they are about to gang up on Cavendish. There was a huge number of riders who are clumped together and who are all now going to focus on beating Cavendish. I sure hope this guy has not used any enhancing drugs? or i'll so darn disappointed.

• Well Cavendish finished his tour for this year. Last saturday was his last day. Now he needs to rest because he said that after the Giro and this Tour he was very tired and in less than 3 weeks he has to be in China for the Olympics. He can't be beaten in a sprint, I've seen him in the flesh some months ago and honestly he pops up from nowhere. Brilliant to see it "live". I bet he'll do great at the Olympics...

• Well Cavendish finished his tour for this year. Last saturday was his last day. Now he needs to rest because he said that after the Giro and this Tour he was very tired and in less than 3 weeks he has to be in China for the Olympics. He can't be beaten in a sprint, I've seen him in the flesh some months ago and honestly he pops up from nowhere. Brilliant to see it "live". I bet he'll do great at the Olympics...

Hi Sally, thanks for the info on him-I guess he can alway stry it again next tour? Also, I heard that there is a Tour of Missouri here in the states. I wonder if Versus will show it? If so, im watching it.

Also, I think Cadel Evans, the Australian, will win it this year. They guy is great to watch riding. I wonder what happened to George Hincapie? I mean, I don't see them show or say much about him? Also, he better try winning a tour soon-he aint getting any younger.

• There is a Tour of Missouri as we get coverage of that in our newspaper. Isn't that next month or in september?

Hincapie came in 5th a couple of days ago in the Alps. Great to see him, I've always liked him. But he's been going for a long time and getting older so we're bound to see less of him. Cadel is doing great but also that guy from Luxembourg...Schleck? Or something similar to that?! His brother is in the white jersey...or at least was...I haven' t watched yesterday and have not seen results. Have you seen that finish a few days ago when the last so many kms where downhill right untill the finish. Very scary to watch....specially when that one bloke went over the edge, luckily he was seen again, his bike was not! They did close to 100 kms an hour, gave me the creeps wtaching. But great, great finish!

• Well the Tour is over for this year.

Sastre won the yellow jersey :thumbs_up:
    Evans came 2nd with a difference of 00'58"
    Kohl from Austria was 3rd with 01'13" difference
    5th was the American Vandevelde (with a very Belgian name!!) 03'05" I wonder if he will be the new American bloke, sure did a fine job, was very long 3rd.
    Hincapie came in at 1h08'15" he is number 35. Not bad but it would have been nicer to see him in the top 10, yes I admit, I got a soft spot for George :blush:

Tuesday we have a race here in the village, luckily they start "late" at 17:00 so there's plenty of time to get home after work, we are supporters of Michael van Staeyen, pretty good young rider.

• Hi Sally, thanks for the results. I did not get to watch the last several days of the race and did not hear any results on the one news station we could barely pick-up as we do not have cable TV-or satallite yet.

I too am a bit disappointed at George Hincapie-he's rapidly blowing his chances for a win and nobody will remember the person who came in 35th place--at least not for long :(

I hope Cadell Evans takes the yellow next year.

• Hi Jay, Lance Armstorng is coming out of retirement. Though he does want to win an 8th time, mostly he's doing it to promote his Foundation which is called: "Livestrong." This Foundation was started by him and has something to do with fighting Cancer-or something like that?