Anyone here watching Le Tour de France races?

There are 141 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 31,061 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I also like watching the Giro, do you get coverage of that race aswell? I missed out on the Vuelta this year, don't know why but I haven't watched much tv the past few months so that might be the reason...
    We had the final race of the year last tuesday "Sluitingsprijs" here in Kapellen and this weekend the winterseason of the cyclo- cross starts, tomorrow it's here in Kapellen so I am definately going I will look up some links and put them here. Hope you are interested, if not there's no harm done in posting is there :wink:

• Today I went with friends to the Koppenberg-cross. Pouring rain but great fun to watch! Found this already on You Tube.
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

1st was Sven Nijs, 2nd Lars Boom from Holland and 3rd was Niels Albert.

• Another month or so for the Cyclo-Cross and then the Spring classics start again here. The cyclo-cross season has been brilliant so far what with the snow and ice and such. It's been long since we had such a season. Also riders from foreign countries are doing great, I'm glad they give our Belgian riders a run for their money! Specially the Chech riders are brill! World championship is coming up later in the month and it's just across the border in Holland (say max 20 minutes away) this year so we will be going...
    And Lance Armstrong is doing AND the Giro AND the Tour.

Isn't cycling a great sport?!

• Has anyone watched TDF this year? I haven't seen much I'm afraid, glad that Armstrong didn't win (goes into hiding...) but the good news is that wednesday I am going into Antwerp for the After Tour Derny. Cavendish and that italian bloke (with the difficult name I can't remember right now) will be there so it's going to be fast :teeth_smile:

• The Tour de France is passing my town next year on sunday 4th of July. No need to get out, I only need to open my windows and look outside as they will drive through my street :thumbs_up: Have been thinking of making a HUGE banner and put it on the roof and perhaps the helicopter might film it when they are passing here. That would be awesome!

• Apparantly the TDF will pass Kapellen around 15:30. Festivities are planned in my village and the 2 bordertowns for the whole weekend. It's going to be one huge party! Last time the TDF passed in my village was in 1973, I still remember that we waited and waited and after the drivers passed we went to buy a new sofa!

• We had the Tour de France yesterday and it was a lovely day. I took loads of pics from the caravan but as we knew that there were 3 cyclists out front I filmed them and 4 minuts later I filmed the peleton. It went to fast that I did not see anyone LOL
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

[extendedmedia]
    [/extendedmedia]

• Hi

I watched it on the news apparently in the middle of the race a small dog walked out into the middle of the cyclists it was complete carnage.

Apparently when interviewed later the dog said that he had looked both ways before crossing the road.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• they had the tour de france in waterford rep of ireland about 12 years ago,to honor ssean kelly and stephen roche.it was brillent to see all thoses cycleist that you would normally see on television.