John Wayne's Tribute to America

There are 46 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 25,367 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I got mine and I watched it!! This is a great tribute to America and Duke was great. What a fantastic way to celebrate America and all it's good. Duke was in this throughout the whole show, and what a great cast of characters. This is what makes America great! I hope all of you get this and watch it with pride. And yes it was alright in the mono sound. It would have been better in stereo, but at least we have this great tribute.

Cheers :cool: Mike a.k.a. Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I got mine and I watched it!! This is a great tribute to America and Duke was great. What a fantastic way to celebrate America and all it's good. Duke was in this throughout the whole show, and what a great cast of characters. This is what makes America great! I hope all of you get this and watch it with pride. And yes it was alright in the mono sound. It would have been better in stereo, but at least we have this great tribute.

Cheers :cool: Mike a.k.a. Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• You all do know this isn't new... it was a TV show from 1970. The original title was Swing Out, Sweet Land. It was on NBC and originally done as his response to the war in Vietnam to show his support. We watched this on TV when I was in 9th Grade, Back then that was still Junior High School what I guess they call Middle School now. But I remember we were all glued to our TV sets watching Duke and all the other famous actors.

• You all do know this isn't new... it was a TV show from 1970. The original title was Swing Out, Sweet Land. It was on NBC and originally done as his response to the war in Vietnam to show his support. We watched this on TV when I was in 9th Grade, Back then that was still Junior High School what I guess they call Middle School now. But I remember we were all glued to our TV sets watching Duke and all the other famous actors.

• Just about anywhere... I got mine from Amazon but I would imagine even Walmart has it. It was just released this week. I pre-ordered in May and it was shipped on May 28th. Just shop around for : John Wayne's Tribute to America

The only thing wrong about it is the company that released it. MPIHomeVideo is not the best. I put them on the same level as GoodTimes or PassPort. I wish Warner Bros. or someone would have taken it, digitally enhanced the video and audio to make a great release. But they just went from film to DVD without any enhancements. They even messed up the What's My Line segment.

I had forgotten Anheuser-Busch sponsored it. I remember seeing the Clydesdale's a couple months ago here for our Heritage Days parade. Beautiful animals...

• Just about anywhere... I got mine from Amazon but I would imagine even Walmart has it. It was just released this week. I pre-ordered in May and it was shipped on May 28th. Just shop around for : John Wayne's Tribute to America

The only thing wrong about it is the company that released it. MPIHomeVideo is not the best. I put them on the same level as GoodTimes or PassPort. I wish Warner Bros. or someone would have taken it, digitally enhanced the video and audio to make a great release. But they just went from film to DVD without any enhancements. They even messed up the What's My Line segment.

I had forgotten Anheuser-Busch sponsored it. I remember seeing the Clydesdale's a couple months ago here for our Heritage Days parade. Beautiful animals...

• You really have to be old to recognize most of the people in the show. All the way from Red Skelton to Jack Benny and Rowan & Martin. One of the best parts is the last chapter. I'll bet over 75% of them are gone already.

• You really have to be old to recognize most of the people in the show. All the way from Red Skelton to Jack Benny and Rowan & Martin. One of the best parts is the last chapter. I'll bet over 75% of them are gone already.

• You don't have to be that old DS :) I would bet anyone 40 and older on this board should be able to say who most of those people are, unless 40 is too young :cry2:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• You don't have to be that old DS :) I would bet anyone 40 and older on this board should be able to say who most of those people are, unless 40 is too young :cry2:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• 40 years old would make the person 3 years old when the TV show was on. So I guess it's possible. If your into old TV shows that would help too. There are places where you can find old TV shows available. I only remember because I was shoved in front of the TV set every night.

• 40 years old would make the person 3 years old when the TV show was on. So I guess it's possible. If your into old TV shows that would help too. There are places where you can find old TV shows available. I only remember because I was shoved in front of the TV set every night.

• I watched it and thought it was pretty good. Could see it in Duke's eyes how much he loves America and how much he enjoyed honoring his country in this way. I think this was a great example of how Duke the man and Duke the actor are one in the same. He truly did practice what he preached.

• I watched it and thought it was pretty good. Could see it in Duke's eyes how much he loves America and how much he enjoyed honoring his country in this way. I think this was a great example of how Duke the man and Duke the actor are one in the same. He truly did practice what he preached.