Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 143,338 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• What do you mean, you don't Mondays, GT? I'm off this week and will be leaving for Miami Wednesday, and so I'll be off all this week. As the game, well, no plans; just watching the game. I might be here just posting during the game.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• What a game!!!!! I thought this was going to be a tight one. The Giants defense is holding true, and giving Brady a lot of trouble. But the Pats are doing the same to Manning and the offense. Score at half is 7-3 Patroits. See what happens in the second half.

Half time show was good. Tom Petty & the Heatbreakers are hot.

What do you think of the commericals so far?

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Farve should retire and enjoy life. I'd bet a lot of TV networks would love to have him with them right now. But if he loves the game like he seems to then he should pursue it and give his best. This could diminish his reputation if he whines to reporters.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote

• I think as football season approached, he started yearning to get back in the huddle - football was all he lived for and he realized he had put it aside for ???.
    Actually I thought he had made a good choice on retiring - he was getting on in years and he was going out with one of the best seasons he had ever!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I am looking forward to football and as the Favre thing keeps going round and round I enjoy it even more. Being a Viking fan it's fun to watch the Packer faithful slam there immortal QB who could do no wrong for so mant years. And wouldn't it be great if by some miracle the Vike's landed him???? I mean not that I want him to play for us really bad, it would be fun to see what he could do, but can you imagine the first game of the season and its the Vikings at Lambeau field and here comes Favre runnign out onto the field in Viking purple??? The Packer fans would be drinking so much beer and passing out they wouldn't make it through the 1st quarter.........

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Well guys, you beat me to the punch on (bump)ing this topic back up. The Brett Favre situation is a mess and as far as him being a Viking, well I think I would like to see that happen...uh.....just to see what happens upon his return to Green Bay.

As far as the Atlanta Falcons are concerned, I reall don't have high hopes this year at all and can only hope that Matt Ryan can lead my team in the future.

Now, as far as college football goes, I have VERY HIGH expectations for my Georgia Bulldogs. As of this moment, I don't know where they will be ranked, but rumor has it that they are one of about 3 or 4 teams that will be ranked number one on opening day. Whatever happens, I'm more than ready for some good ol' football.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• gt,

According to the SEC media day in B'ham this week, Florida is suppose to finish 1st in the East with the bulldogs in second and the Vols #3. In the west it is the Auburn Tigers while LSU Tigers finish 2nd and the Tide #3. The SEC belongs to Florida, but we'll have to wait and see about that in all cases.

Could be an interesting year for the SEC! I've seen some forcasts (no official) that the Gators are to win the season this year. Again, we'll have to wait and see. looking forward to a great season of college ball. I'm sure that ESPN is not a happy group right now.

- John Wayne quote

• Can you imagine the first game of the season and its the Vikings at Lambeau field and here comes Favre runnign out onto the field in Viking purple??? The Packer fans would be drinking so much beer and passing out they wouldn't make it through the 1st quarter.........

That would be a sight to see!!! All those cheeseheads drooping in the stands.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Okay guys, I'm a Packer fan from the Lombardi, Starr, Hornung days so I've rooted for these guys when they were on top and in the toilet.

I've got mixed emotions about this whole thing with Favre. I thought he did a class thing in going out the way he did and now it just seems like he's put himself and his wants ahead of the team. Even though he says the mgmt has talked out of both sides of their mouths, at some time, someone needs to get him thinking about what this is doing to his reputation.

As for who else he might play with, it won't be anyone in the Packer's division and I doubt it'll even be anyone with a decent record. The Packers won't let that happen.

In the end, I'm disappointed in the whole lot of them, Favre and the mgmt.

This is what happens when you pay people way too much money to play a game. They lose sight of the realities of life.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Hi guys,are we talking about American football or proper football that we have in England?

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Hi guys,are we talking about American football or proper football that we have in England?

This is American football. We are kinda in a soap opera right now with a player. Just be patient and we get to the meat and potatos of the sport soon enough. About 35 more days, huh?

- John Wayne quote

• Not to dig on ya TBone. But after the "loveboat" stupidity its fun to see the Pack having fun too. You are right though, this is what happens when children make to much money to play a game.

-John Wayne

• Viper,

My number 2 and 4 sons are also big Packer fans, #2 having played starting offensive line for the last 3 years at his high school and we're all pretty frustrated by what Brett is doing.

To Lucky Ned's question, my #1 son thinks anything outside of rugby is for sissies, although he is a Dallas fan.

Somehow we all manage to live in the same house without killing each other. :wink_smile:

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• To Lucky Ned's question, my #1 son thinks anything outside of rugby is for sissies, although he is a Dallas fan.

Tbone,i agree with your son rugby is a hard game.i hated having to play it at school as i was always put in the group with the lads that were really into it ie 6 feet tall and 15 stone !!!!

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Last fall, I got to meet the #8 man for the Singapore national team. He was retired by then and his knees were all used up but he was a big fella.

Tbone

• I posted this earlier in the thread:

I am looking forward to football and as the Favre thing keeps going round and round I enjoy it even more. Being a Viking fan it's fun to watch the Packer faithful slam there immortal QB who could do no wrong for so mant years. And wouldn't it be great if by some miracle the Vike's landed him???? I mean not that I want him to play for us really bad, it would be fun to see what he could do, but can you imagine the first game of the season and its the Vikings at Lambeau field and here comes Favre running out onto the field in Viking purple??? The Packer fans would be drinking so much beer and passing out they wouldn't make it through the 1st quarter.........

I still think the same way. I would enjoy it just to see the Packer fans flipping out!!! (No offense Tbone)

-John Wayne