Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 143,379 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Vikings need a QB. Childress needs to call his buddy Reid up and get AJ Feeley from the Eagles. He knows how to run Childress's offense right, 6-2 as a starter when Childress was O-Coordinator.

My NFC team is the Eagles and AFC team the Colts. Football is best watched if it's college players playing because anyone can win on any given day. Only if the NFL coaches let players loose like college coaches but then it's about the money.
    We know Duke's line in the Quiet Man about money.:omg2:

• I think Childress needs to re-evaluate himself as well. Gees there is some screwed up play calling going on. I mean if the game plan needs to be changed it either doesn't change or is a quater late.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Once again, all is right with the world. :teeth_smile::teeth_smile::teeth_smile:

Bama has played Georgia, who has the Sooners played that is any good to be ranked number 1?
    SEC always is the best conference, but they have a habit of beating up on each other which only helps the weaker conferences, Pac-10, Big-12, Big-10, ACC.:tongue:

• Bama has played Georgia, who has the Sooners played that is any good to be ranked number 1?
    SEC always is the best conference, but they have a habit of beating up on each other which only helps the weaker conferences, Pac-10, Big-12, Big-10, ACC.:tongue:

Do I detect a note of envy in your post, Jeffie? :wink:

As for your claim that the SEC is the strongest conference, over the years I've read the exact same boast about the Big 10, Big 12 and Pac 10.

OU has eight remaining games, four of which are with ranked opponents. Can we say the same about your Vols, who had their heads handed to them on a platter Saturday?

De gustibus non est disputandum

• There are more players in the NFL from the SEC than any other conference. Must be something to the quality of players on those teams.

Tennessee needs to send that QB back to where he came from. The 3rd ranked QB 3 years ago coming out of HS. Number 4 must have been a real winner. All they needed was one first down and they had Auburn beat.
    The alumni are calling for Fulmer's job, that's millions in alumni money that will not make it to the school. The AD listens to the $$$ when it's millions.
    Stephens hopefully will be the QB this week.

And should I bring up the hoops from the last few years. How did the Lady Sooners do compared to the Lady Vols.:wink_smile:

• should I bring up the hoops from the last few years. How did the Lady Sooners do compared to the Lady Vols.:wink_smile:

Except for football, I cheerfully forfeit claim to the championship of any college sport you care to name. None of the rest of them interest me in the least.

• Jeff,
    This article supports your claim that conference-wise, the SEC has the most players in the NFL. But scroll down this list of the top 30 NFL prospects and tell me which team has the most prospective NFL picks. :wink_smile::teeth_smile:

• Alright, enough of this....Stumpy, your Sooners have the most, buuuut, look how many Dawgs are in the top 10 :teeth_smile:.

Concerning the Sooners, my attitude has always been IF THEY BEAT THE HORNS, THEY"VE HAD A WINNING SEASON.

GO BIG RED.........

• For Sooner fans, this is THE game. (Probably for UT fans also)

I know Okies have always viewed their rivalry with Texas as David vs Goliath. Little old poor, backward Oklahoma battling big, rich Texas. Like I said, I was born in East Texas but spent most of my formative years on oil leases in Oklahoma because my step-dad and both sets of grandparents worked in the oil fields. I became an OU fan in 1948 when, listening to the game on radio, OU beat the Horns for the first time in many years. (The feeling was orgasmic :wink_smile:) UT leads the series but I guarantee you, it's always a good game, no matter who wins. (As an aside, OU recruits many of their best players from Texas, where devotion to football is widespread.) College football doesn't get any better than this - watch it tomorrow at 11:00 AM on ABC.

• Hi Stumpy, I'm not an OU hater. I just cheer for my home team. I will watch the OU, Texas game tomorrow, unless my DAWGS are on. I hope that your team wins and who knows, maybe we'll get the chance to play each other later on. Crazier things have happened. Oh, BTW, like the new avatar.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I just cheer for my home team.

I would be disappointed in you if you didn't. :thumbs_up:

Thanks for the good wishes and the compliment about my new avatar. If OU wins tomorrow, I'll probably leave it there for awhile. :teeth_smile:

• The thing that bothers me most about the OU-Texas rivalry is that for almost a century, the game has been played in Dallas which, as you know, is in Texas. They call it "neutral" territory because it's about equidistant between the two college campuses. Neutral, my butt. IMO, you can't have a "neutral" game site if it's played in the same state each and every year. Especially if that state is Texas.

For many years, I've written the athletic department at OU urging them to go to a home-and-home schedule with Texas, playing on each school's home field in alternating years. But the poohbahs in Dallas have made it so profitable for both schools to continue playing there that OU refuses to change the current arrangement.

• is this college american football? do they go up to the NFL afterwards if they are good enough?also that sounds very unfair playing in Texas every year.you would have thought they played home + away alternating every year. seems strange to me

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit