Bond star Lois Maxwell dies at 80

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,512 times. The latest Post () was by ColeThornton.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Bond star Lois Maxwell dies at 80

Actress Lois Maxwell, who starred as Miss Moneypenny in a string of James Bond movies, has died aged 80.

Maxwell starred alongside Sir Sean Connery in Bond's first movie outing, Dr No, in 1962.

She played the role until 1985, when she appeared with Roger Moore in A View To A Kill. Her last film role was in the 2001 thriller The Fourth Angel. A spokesperson for Fremantle Hospital, Western Australia, said she died there on Saturday evening.

• Thanks DukePilgram for the inforamtion about Lois Maxwell. May she rest in peace. And yes they are slowly disappearing from the silver screen. It is never going to be the same again.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• One piece of trivia that few know is that she started out as a contract player at 20th Century Fox with a group of fresh faced girls and there was a famous photo of this group of girls taken for the fan magazines of the time.

If one looks at the picture, only two of the girls continued with a notable film career: one is a young Lois and sitting cross-legged on the floor just below her, a very young Marilyn Monroe.

This picture is included in many of the books and documentaries on Marilyn--I don't think anyone ever asked her about it but it is quite true.

Roger Moore said that he was sorry the Bond producers didn't let her continue in the series as 'M' as she would have been pretty good, and I have to agree with him.

• In my mid-teens in 1962, I certainly got my imagination aroused by Miss Moneypenny's interaction with James Bond :hyper:.

I definitely remember her! At the time, we thought these movies were really great. When I go back and watch them today, they're not quite as good as I remember, although they are still fun to watch. All my buddies at the time wished they had a hat with a razor-edged brim :ohmy:.

May Lois Maxwell RIP.

Chester :newyear:

• Rest-in-Peace Mrs. Moneypenny. You will be sorely missed. Also, you werre always my favorite lady in all of the Bond films you were in ;-)) Might I admit but, I had a crush on you when I was growing up. ;-D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I think Lois should have finished before "A View to a Kill". It was strange hearing her talk about getting older in "Octopussy" when she was the same age as Moore. He had a facelift before his last film, but still looked every day of his 57 years.