What Is A Billion

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,740 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Last year I voluntarily sent the Club For Growth a couple of hundred bucks because their announced goal is my goal.....to elect politicians who are for low taxes, less spending and less obtrusive government.

Well, ever since then I've gotten these incessant (at least once or twice a month) appeals for more donations "to elect politicians who are for low taxes, blah, blah, blah".

After about 3 months of such solicitations, I called them and said "Hey - if I have to send hundreds of dollars in donations to the Club For Growth to help elect politicians who won't tax me to death, what have I gained?" Their logic eludes me.

Washington DC is just one giant scam. All of 'em.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• With China holding quite a bit of our country's debt, all of the jobs being sent to China so companies can make sure their bottom line ensures the execs of huge salaries and bonuses and, our so called leaders in Washington and state capitols only caring about themselves & what they can get in their pockets, it looks like this country is going to become one of the countries that we help support with billions in aid. I can almost see the day coming when we have to appeal to China for aid to help our people survive. The American people are being sold out by their own. The day is coming when there will be two classes, the upper class and the lower class, no middle class anymore.
    One thing I'm getting real tired of is the phoney baloney of the Democraps and Republiclowns. All both sides care about is who is going to hold the power. They don't give one iota about the people in this country, except at election time when they want our vote. After that, they don't know you anymore. Anyone notice the presidential run? It started over a year ago, unprecedented. Used to be it began right around a year away from the election. But, by next November, some of those running like Clinton, Obama, Guiliani, Edwards and, McCain will have been campaigning for two years. Unreal.

• You know Bill, that is insulting. We are the most wastefull nation I've ever seen and I don't have a clue where all the money is going. And we won't get a straight answer from our congressman. We need to do something!

BUT IT'S NOT SENDING ANYONE TO WASHINGTON!!!

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• With China holding quite a bit of our country's debt, all of the jobs being sent to China so companies can make sure their bottom line ensures the execs of huge salaries and bonuses and, our so called leaders in Washington and state capitols only caring about themselves & what they can get in their pockets, it looks like this country is going to become one of the countries that we help support with billions in aid. I can almost see the day coming when we have to appeal to China for aid to help our people survive. The American people are being sold out by their own. The day is coming when there will be two classes, the upper class and the lower class, no middle class anymore.
    One thing I'm getting real tired of is the phoney baloney of the Democraps and Republiclowns. All both sides care about is who is going to hold the power. They don't give one iota about the people in this country, except at election time when they want our vote. After that, they don't know you anymore. Anyone notice the presidential run? It started over a year ago, unprecedented. Used to be it began right around a year away from the election. But, by next November, some of those running like Clinton, Obama, Guiliani, Edwards and, McCain will have been campaigning for two years. Unreal.

Well said, I agree with your every word. :thumbs_up:

I hope that someone like Ron Paul will be elected. He seems to be about the only one left who at least says that he will do things the way our Constitution says.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..