Share a recipe here

There are 236 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 76,172 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Last weekend at the Wild West Junction, I had a Man and His Wife Hunt Me Down and wanted me to Sigh one of my Cook Books that My Wife Martha and I had Done back in the 1970s.
    "In You like it Hot"
    ============
    He said that He had Paid $400.00 for it on The Internet for their Collection of Old Books from the passed , and We only got $9.95 in the 1970s for the Cookbook, and that He and His Wife wanted to Cook "Duke's Chili" from the Book, But that "Duke's Chili" Was Not In The Book under that Name at that time that was had a Copyright of 1974 on the back of the Cover Page.
    :confused_smile:
    I told them that was Before we Changed the Name to "Duke's Chili" in The Book, and Before Pat Stacy had Bought a Copy from My Wife Martha just Before Duke and Pat had left for London to Do The Film Brannigan !
    :wink_smile:
    So What could I do but Give Them a Copy Of The New Book that Now had "Duke's Chili" on the First Page of Recipes in the book.
    :regular_smile:
    After All they had Paid $400.00 for that Old Cook Book that Martha and I Had Done, all those Years Ago for their Book Collection !!!
    :teeth_smile:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• He said that He had Paid $400.00 for it on The Internet for their Collection of Old Books from the past:regular_smile:
    After All they had Paid $400.00 for that Old Cook Book that Martha and I Had Done, all those Years Ago for their Book Collection !!!

Bill, did you get the guy's phone number? I got a few books from the past I'd be happy to sell him! :teeth_smile:

Chester :newyear:

• With summer harvest in full swing, there may be some of you who are overwhelmed with zucchini. Here's a pretty good recipe, that uses more zucchini than many recipes do, and is NOT zucchini bread (though I do love it).

Zucchini-Stuffing Casserole

4 medium zucchini, sliced thinly
    1 cup shredded carrots
    1/2 cup chopped onions
    8 T. butter, divided
    3 cups stuffing mix
    1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (approx. 12 oz. - you know, the 'normal' sized can)
    1/2 cup sour cream
    poultry seasoning to taste

Saute carrot and onion in 4 T. butter until onion is translucent. Add 1-1/2 cups of the stuffing mix, all soup, sour cream, and mix together. Gently fold in zucchini, put in 2 qt. casserole. Melt remaining butter, mix with balance of stuffing mix, spread over top of casserole.

Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.

8-10 servings

If you want to make this a main dish rather than a side dish, simply add some cut-up chicken.

• These are called Candy Bars and I have made them many times they are really easy to make and people have always loved them.
    You need:
    1 Jelly Roll Pan
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    1 cup butter/margrine
    gramcrackers
    1 bag milk chocolate chips (I've found that Hershey's works the best.)
    tin foil.

Start by pre-heating oven to 350. Then line Jelly Roll pan with tin foil and spray with non stick spray. Then line Jelly Roll pan with whole gramcrackers. In a pan bring the butter and brown sugar to a full boil and boil for 2 min. Pour over gramcrackers and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and put in oven until the are melted (about 5 min). Take out of oven and spread the chocolate chips out and allow to cool. Cut and serve (I have found that a pizza cutter works really well to cut them all at once).

You can also add your favorite kind of nuts to variate.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• It is I found it in my mom's cookbook tried it out and now have made it so many times I can do it from memory.;)

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• "Chili Dog Taco"
    =================
    One Good Taco Shell

One Good Hot Dog

Some Of Duke's Chili

Good Cheese

Chopped Tomato Topping
    ==================
    Heat Hot Dog in pan, then put it in the Taco Shell, add Chili and then Add Cheese and put in the Micro-Oven for 30 Sec. then add Topping.
    The Children Will Love It !!!
    :wink_smile:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy: