Share a recipe here

There are 236 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 77,084 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This is the Second Film Clip of Cooking Camp Food with Rowan Ellsworth from "The Gunfighters" !
    :fear2:
    I will put up the rest of the Film Clips on Camp Cooking in the Morning before I fly out to The 26 Bar Ranch to see if my Water Pipes at the Ranch are Frozen Up or Not !!!
    :wink_smile:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• OK Round Up Time, and time to move the Cattle To The High Country after Cutting the Male Calves and Making Steers out of them!
    :wink_smile:
    This is something that You Britts and You Eastern Yanks might Not Know Much About ?
    :omg:
    Each year there would be a Big Bar-B-Q at Duke's 26 Bar Ranch and Before You would have Bar-B-Q You would Have Mountain Oysters !!! "YAHOO"
    :teeth_smile:
    Chilibill

http://www.ranch26bar.com/OYSTERS.html

• Mrs. C :angel1: strikes again, with some more easy, tasty recipes ~

Pasta with Bacon and Onions
    (for a crowd - adjust amounts to fit your family)

2 lbs. pasta (your choice of style), cooked according to directions
    1 lb. bacon, cut across the slices and cooked until crisp
    1-2 onions, coarsely chopped (determined by size and how much your family likes onions)

While water is heating up to cook the pasta, cut up the bacon (I use kitchen scissors across the slices, and it goes quickly) and fry up in a skillet. It takes a while to get the right crispness, possibly 20 minutes or so. Stir frequently. When it's almost done, it starts getting foamy. Cooking until crisp is really important - don't add the onions until the bacon is crispy (or it won't get crispy). Once you add the onion, cook until slightly limp (cooks MUCH faster than the bacon!).

Once the pasta is cooked and drained, use a slotted spoon to put the bacon-onion mixture into the pasta and stir (you can add a little more of the bacon grease to keep the pasta from sticking, if you want to, but usually all of it is too much).

This is a 'comfort food' from my childhood, and my kids all love it. It's relatively fast, and one way a pound of bacon can feed a bunch of people. My youngest son likes it with a touch of ranch dressing poured on it. Feel free to adjust and add things that will please your family; it's just a very basic recipe. Serve with a green salad and it's a pretty complete meal.

Now for a super easy, super yummy dessert (do you detect a theme of 'easy' here??) ~

Dump Cake
    (called that because you simply dump the ingredients into the baking pan and throw it in the oven)

First, I'll give you the 'traditional recipe' and later I will share some tasty "options."

1 20-oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
    1 can cherry pie filling (approx. the same size can as the pineapple)
    1 yellow cake mix
    1 stick (1/4 pound) butter (frozen is good)
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

DUMP the pineapple in the bottom of a sheet cake pan. DUMP the cherry pie filling on top of the pineapple, spread as evenly as possible. DUMP in the dry cake mix, spreading across the fruit. Sprinkle nuts across the cake mix. If your butter is frozen, grate it over the top of the dry cake mix, covering the cake mix completely (or as close as you can; alternately, you can slice the butter thinly and place the slices over the dry cake mix. Just try to cover the cake mix as completely as possible with the butter).

Place in preheated 350º F oven, bake for 45 to 60 minutes.

Serve warm, with ice cream on top - yum,yum!

Now for those options -
    You can use any flavor fruit pie filling - blueberry is a nice option with the yellow cake mix; apple pie filling is good with spice or carrot cake mix; cherry pie filling is real good with chocolate cake mix (think black forest here!) and devastatingly delicious made with brownie mix. Have fun with it, and most of all, ENJOY it!

• Here is the opening of a "Cooking With Rita" T.V. Show that we did in the early 1980s just a little after Duke's Passing, and Cooked up One of His Favoite Meals that He Liked the Best, Bar-B-Q Beef !
    In the following Film Clips it will Show You Just How To Make It !!!
    :sleepy:
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• This is the next Film Clip of "Cooking With Rita" T.V. Show and that shows what was Duke's Favoite Bar-B-Q Sauce that was used at Duke's Ranches in The Good Old Days !!!
    (bud)
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• OK Mrs.C, it looks like You and I are the Only Ones that are going to have this "The Battle Of The Frying Pans."

I hope it's not a competition, but a cooperative effort to share some recipes, although it does seem like just a few have joined in. You, me, The Ringo Kid, kilo6, and even Stumpy have offered up some yummy ideas. Using just the recipes we've posted, someone could easily feed a family for a couple of weeks without repeating a meal.

Happy eating, everybody~

Mrs. C :angel1:

• As my Good Jew Lawyer always Said "ALRIGHT All READY, Tell Me The Whole Story ?
    :angry:
    So Some Of You Said That You Wanted The Recipe for the Best Bar-B- Q Sauce in The South West and I went and put in The Whole Show !
    :no2:
    Well Here Is Only The Recipe For The Best Bar - B- Q Sauce In The Southwest !!!
    Bill
    :vampire:

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Being fairly new here, not sure if anyone's posted this one, but it's a hit at our household:

Fart & Dart Beans

Mix together one 16 ounce can of the following: Pinto beans, pork & beans, red kidney beans, lima beans, white northern beans and butter beans.

1 lb cut up bacon
    1 chopped onion
    ½ tsp minced garlic
    ½ tsp prepared mustard
    ½ cup vinegar
    1 cup brown sugar

Fry the bacon until done, but not crisp. Pour beans, bacon, onion and garlic into large pan and mix. Simmer for 15 minutes a combination of the mustard, vinegar and brown sugar.

Pour the liquid over the beans and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Mix the beans a couple of times during the cooking process.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Monseur, you are a LuLu!" (The Comancheros)

• Yeah, DW, I can see how those ingredients would tend to make one a little gassy, hence the name of the dish. In fact, if a good wind came along, you might just float away like a balloon. :teeth_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum