Share a recipe here

There are 236 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 76,298 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well now that Thanksgiving is over I think that some of you have Plenty Of Turkey Left Over ?
    :yeaahh:
    This is How My old Texas Grandmother would cook up some of the Left Over Turkey after Thanksgiving Day and is in my Cookbook "If You Like It Hot" that Pat Stacy got from My Wife and would Cook them up for Duke and He would Put Down Six to Ten Or More at One Setting !
    :ohmy:
    Grandmother's Turkey Tacos
    =====================
    4 cups minced turkey
    3 cups finely grated Longhorn Cheese
    1 cup minced onion
    2 cups minced Mild Green Chiles
    1 tabsp. chili powder
    1/4 teasp. oregano
    1/2 teasp. comino
    Garlic salt to your taste
    ====================
    Well Mix all the above ingredients.
    Limp corn tortillas in hot oil and put on paper towels or brown paper sacks.
    Put about 2 Tablespoons of the Turkey mixture on the Tortilla and Roll as a Enchilada and Fasten with a wooden Toothpick.
    Fry in Hot Oil until Crisp, and serve with a Good Taco Sauce !
    :hyper:
    YAHOO!!!
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Bill,
    I've got to tell you that I'm starving just looking at your recipes.
    Those photos of the chicken and steak (oh the steak!!!) are driving
    me crazy !!!

• Avenger,
    This is Just For You, as it looks like You are the Only One That Likes To Eat Good Old Southwestern Foods Around Here !!!
    :glare:
    Below will take you to another Page of My Cooking Web-Site that will show You other Foods that that You can Cook Up using the BAR-B-Q Recipe that I put up Before, that Duke Liked to Eat !
    :teeth_smile:
    http://www.ranch26bar.com/CHILIBILL_BAR_B_Q.html

Chilibill

• Bill,
    Those recipes sure look great ! I gained about ten pounds looking at the pictures !!!! Thanks for sharing.

• Hi Bill

The meals look great although the meat looks slightly too pink for me, as I like my steaks and joints very well done.

One of the things that I also like is you only include one with cheese on it.
    Keep them coming one day i might get up the nerve to try one.

regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Back in the 1970s just before Duke did his last Film "The Shootist" He was not in Very Good Shape and could not get rid of the Water in His Body !
    Pat Stacy said She had Him on Hand Fulls of Water Pills to try to get Rid of all the Water so He Did Not Look so Fat in the Film !!
    The Diet Below Did The Trick !!!
    :wink_smile:
    Pat said that after a Week on this Diet Eating Chili Every Day, Duke said that He Never Wanted To See Another Bowl of Chili in His Life, but after about a Week said "Where Is My Chili ?"
    http://www.ranch26bar.com/DUKEDIET1.html

Chilibill

• Here are two EASY recipes. I LOVE easy recipes, especially ones that taste good and can be prepared quickly and easily.

First -

HASH BROWN EGG BAKE

Ingredients -
    1 pkg. (32 oz.) frozen, cubed hash brown potatoes (frozen Potatos O'Brien work very nicely and add a little color)

1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled*

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1/4 tsp. salt

8 eggs

2 cups milk

Instructions:
    In a large bowl, combine hash browns, bacon, half of the cheese, and salt. Spread evenly in a greased 13"X9"X2" baking dish. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk until smooth and pour over hash brown mixture.
    Sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350º F for 45-50 minutes until golden. Top with remaining cheese.

Yield: 8 servings

*Note- the bacon can be cooked ahead and wrapped in a paper towel and refrigerated or frozen until ready to use - great time saver. This casserole assembles in a matter of minutes if the bacon is already cooked and
    the cheese shredded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second -

Buttermilk Coconut Pie

Ingredients:

5 eggs
    1 cube (1/4 pound) butter
    3/4 C. buttermilk
    1/2 C. sugar
    1 and 1/4 C. shredded coconut (I get it from the health food store, with no added sugar)

Instructions:
    Dump first four ingredients in the blender, blend until mixed together. Add coconut and pulse a few times. Pour into a 9" unbaked pie shell. Bake for 30 - 60 minutes, until golden on top, at 350º. (Time seems to vary from oven to oven)

ENJOY!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Here is what Duke Called His Morning Gut Cleaner !

We have all had a Big Bunch of Mashed Potatoes left over after a Big Sunday Dinner after Church, now what do you do with them, put them in The Ice Box ?
    You Might Try This One !!!
    One Cup of Mashed Potatoes
    Two Eggs to be the Glue to Hold It All Together
    Lots of Black Pepper
    Salt as You Would Like
    Two or Three Table Spoons Butter Milk
    Mix All Together into a Batter, and if you need More Butter Milk to make the Batter Add More.
    :stunned:
    In a 6 or 7 Inch Black Iron Skillet add a little Good Oil and the Stove on "Med. Heat" and put 1/2 of Your Batter in the Skillet and cook Covered for about 5 Min. or untill it starts to Set Up or Brown on the bottom ,and Turn over for about 3 Min.
    :thumbs_up:
    Put on Large Plate and Cover with Duke's Chili and Top with Long Horn Cheese and give it about a One Min. Zap in the Micro. and Serve. Serve a Big Slice of Ham on the side.
    Makes Two Mexican Mashed Potato Pancakes !!!
    Chilibill

• OK, Time to get back to Cooking "DUKE"S CHILI" in this Cold Weather We All Are Having !
    Below is a Promo of the Old T.V. Program "Chilibill's Kitchen" that was Done Back in the 1980 serving Up some of Duke's Chili, But Don't Send Any Money, The Progam Has Been Off The Air For Over 20 Years !!
    Then Below the Picture of the Chili Pot it will Show You How To Make "Duke's Favorite Chili" and some other Chili by Very Well Known People Also !!!
    Chilibill

"DUKE"S CHILI"
    JUST CLICK HERE
    http://www.ranch26bar.com/CHILI1.html

• Here's another EASY recipe for

EASY ALFREDO

1 pound pasta, cooked according to directions

1 cup heavy cream (but half and half works, too)
    1/8 tsp. nutmeg
    4 Tbsp. butter
    1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Place cream in a sauce pan with the nutmeg, heat slowly (DON'T boil it). Add butter, stir until melted, then add cheese and stir until melted. Serve over hot pasta.

Enjoy!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Thank you for the recipe sharing ... Chester and Mrs. C's quick-fix dishes look delicious as does Chilibill's version of John Wayne's favorite chili.
    We've been using Lavish bread for a very low-fat, roll-up alternative to crust. Trader Joe's carries it. Can be used for pizza crust or bean/cheese roll-ups for crisping in the toaster oven.

Very Best,
    OT Xtras[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]

• Back in 1958 when John Wayne was in Japan doing "The Barbarian and The Geisha" He Got Hooked on some of Their Foods, Mainly Sushi !
    Back in the 1980s when I was still doing the Old T.V. Show "Chilibill's Kitchen" I had a Lady on the Show as one of Guest that was a Expert and Teacher at Phoenix Collage on foods of Japan !!
    So for You People that are into cooking Foods of Japan You Might Get A Kick out of How to Make Sushi, and You might even try Making it Yourself !!!

Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Ok, Before Nancy gets to Making the Sushi that Duke Liked to have Before His Big Steak got to the Table, here are the Next Few Minutes of How to Make Sushi !
    Remember Ebay will only let You put up a few Minutes at a Time Now !!
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]