General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,161,341 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Yeah, me too. I even had records (remember them) of his routines. The funniest man that ever was. His visits with Carson on the Tonight Show made me lose sleep on school nights. It was worth it.

We deal in lead, friend.

• I liked Winters in anything I saw him in especially as the dimwit in: It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World. Rest in Peace Jonathan, the World just got a lot less funnier.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Yeah, me too. I even had records (remember them) of his routines. The funniest man that ever was. His visits with Carson on the Tonight Show made me lose sleep on school nights. It was worth it.

We deal in lead, friend.

I think I may even still have at least one of his Maude Frickert records. I know I bought a couple of them when he was so popular.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Very sad day indeed. RIP Jonathan. We will all miss you very much.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• I liked Winters in anything I saw him in especially as the dimwit in: It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World. Rest in Peace Jonathan, the World just got a lot less funnier.

His character in that movie was my favorite. Especially in the scenes with Arnold Stang and Melvin Kaplan and their destruction of the gas station. That was classic. Also, when they're digging for the money and he grabs Phil Silvers and picks him up and throws him out of the hole.

• His character in that movie was my favorite. Especially in the scenes with Arnold Stang and Melvin Kaplan and their destruction of the gas station. That was classic. Also, when they're digging for the money and he grabs Phil Silvers and picks him up and throws him out of the hole.

Heh heh, when they find the "W" is just hilarious. I still dont own the DvD yet--but will buy one in May.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The Lumpy character always cracked me up. All he ever cared about was getting something to eat. One episode I remember was Wally and Lumpy coming into the Cleaver house and Lumpy asking Wally when he was going to get a hunk of cake. Cause Wally promised him some cake if he came over. Wally said, looks like we don't have any. Lumpy got that grumpy look on his face and said, gee, Wally, you said I'd get a hunk of cake. So where's my hunk of cake.

And for the record, Lumpy's real name was Clarence.

• Annette Funicello Dies at 70 After Long Battle with MS

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20201344,00.html

I was a big fan when I was a little girl. I named a doll after her. It makes me feel old. She was sick for a long time. Now she is at peace.

I fell in love with Annette when I was a kid. R.I.P. Annette and she is really at peace.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"